Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tartar Control

The other day I was flipping through the guide on TV. I was looking for a specific show to record. During my "search", I came across a show that I just had to see. Kinda like driving past a wreck. You wanna look even though you know it could be bad. Curious much? Anyway, this show was called Britain's Worst Teeth. I knew it was going to be bad, but whoa! I had forgotten all about it until this evening when I flipped on the TV. You see, we spent the whole day at Hurricane Harbor and I am pretty sunburned and nothing was gonna cool me off better than a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Enjoyed in front of the TV, under a ceiling fan on full blast. I sat down, had a few bites, and started to scroll through my list of recorded shows. I have no idea what made me select this particular show to watch?! Put it this way: my ice cream suddenly didn't taste so good and my teeth suddenly felt gritty. Worst teeth was an understatement. I will spare you the details. Although I did try and find a clip on YouTube. Lucky for you, there's no clip to be found. But, if you are really interested it's playing again July 16th on BBC America. Needless to say, I will NEVER EVER fall asleep on the couch again without brushing my teeth. No more quick after lunch naps without hitting the Crest and Listerine first. I am gonna be that girl who brushes and flosses in the restaurant bathroom. I will also be setting a timer each time I brush, so I can get in my full two minutes. I am calling my dentist tomorrow for my overdue checkup. And, Coke is fixing to be a distant memory. That show scared the crap out of me, way worse than any horror movie ever could.

Click here, scroll midway down the page... IF you want to see a photo of one of the mouths they fixed on the show. It is only a before picture. And, you have been warned.

Just because, here's a funny poem/song. Best enjoyed to the tune of Jingle Bells!

English Teeth, English Teeth!
Shining in the sun
A part of British heritage
Aye, each and every one.
English Teeth, Happy Teeth!
Always having fun
Clamping down on bits of fish
And sausages half done.
English Teeth! HEROES' Teeth!
Hear them click! and clack!
Let's sing a song of praise to them -
Three Cheers for the Brown Grey and Black!

3 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

HILARIOUS!!! those teeth are HORRIBLE! Im totally going to have to find it and watch it on the 16th! Seriously...WHY OH WHY is their WHOLE COUNTRY like that?? Like they totally have McDonalds, surely they can get Crest!
Thanks for the laugh!

Ashley said...

So funny, I am sitting here online and Jon is watching it now. I am not gonna delete it. Every time my kids don't brush their teeth I am gonna turn it on. Gross huh? I am so with you, why are they known for their bad teeth?

Kelli said...

So funny, much funnier now that I can read it and am not chasing my idiot dog.