Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wet ~N~ Wild!

On Wednesday we headed to Hurricane Harbor and we had a flippin' blast! I seriously love to ride rides. It'll be a sad day when I can no longer enjoy them. I am thinking I'll quit at 75? And, can I just say that I am so proud of Hayden? He rode EVERY ride, even the scariest ones. Multiple times! He is such a cool kid. The others weren't as thrilled with much, other than the Lazy River and the Wave Pool. Anyway, we had quite a group, 8 of us. Luckily most of the kids were old enough to do their own thing as long as they checked in often. It was such a perfect day, weather wise. Not too hot, not too cold. The lines moved pretty quick. My only complaint would be the fact that you can no longer bring in coolers and the food prices are INSANE! I spent $50 on sodas and chili-cheese fries!! We used to bring drinks, fruit, pudding, lunchables, etc. Now, you can only bring food for babies or if you have special diet needs, like diabetes or something. No biggie. We weren't really that hungry until the drive home anyway. We had one insane moment, that I never want to relive: Hayden decided to go off on his own to the diving board area, which dumps into 12 feet of water. We lost him for about 20 minutes and it scared me soooo bad! He swears he never left our area, but I think he was confused. All of the picnic tables faced some sort of the wave pool area and he was most definitely not near us! We sat at the same tables we always do every summer, they are near the lost child area. Thankfully after I had a mini freakout/heart attack he appeared back at our table. But, not until I had managed to scream his name like a banshee and run around like a Tasmanian devil searching for him. I am adding some photos I took with this groovy disposable waterproof camera. They turned out ok, I guess? One of them was taken underwater in our pool. For some reason the kids jumped in our pool when we got home! You'll notice there's only one picture of me.... I sent the others to Mr. Hefner. He needs models for his next issue, and I thought what the hell?

Chloe and Reagan

Jon, Chloe, and Hayden

me, Chloe, and Reagan

Chan, bored...

Jon, Hunter, and Hayden

Hunter, bored...

Hayden, underwater!


P.S. I need someone to teach me how to properly apply sunscreen. I now have pink stripes on my face and blotches on my back. Plus, worst of all my scalp is burnt to a crisp. Let me tell you, blowdrying my hair is only slightly painful...

4 comments:

Krista said...

I miss our Wet n' Wild. They close ours down for condos:( Unfortunately it was at the end of the strip and that is prime real estate!

Krista said...

I miss our Wet n' Wild. They close ours down for condos:( Unfortunately it was at the end of the strip and that is prime real estate!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Oooo...that looks like fun! We will hopefully make a trip there this summer...James wants to go to NRH2O instead!

Kelli said...

Oh, my gosh, I have heart palpitations just thinking about the Hayden thing. It will be so hard to not shackle my children to me when doing stuff like that.