Sunday, June 8, 2008

On being sick

The last 4 days have been so blah. I never imagined a low grade fever on Thursday morning would drag on and turn into a sinus/ear infection/sore throat. And, that the meds I was prescribed would make it impossible to hold food down. The sinus pressure, dizziness, headaches, and dry heaves have been no picnic either. I have been on the couch or in bed forever. My only comfort has been from taking long baths or sleeping. Daydreaming I was at the Cure concert with my sister Kelli helped a little. Until I woke up and realized she was really there and I was not. It's funny how it seems as if the entire world is passing you by when you are ill. Not fun. I always swear to my sick self that as soon as I get better I'll never be lazy again. I imagine myself healed and once I am healed I cook amazing dinners every night, the house and laundry are never behind, I find time for exercise, my hair and makeup are always perfect. Alas, those things probably won't happen. But, anything is better than being sick. I am so thankful that aside from constant tummy problems, I am fairly healthy. I am not sure I could handle more than the occasional illness. I have slept so much the last several days. The thought of going to bed each night when my family does, drives me insane. Being in bed so much is not normal. Bedtime comes too soon. I have been able to watch some good movies from when I was a kid: What's Eating Gilbert Grape? and Stand by Me. I highly recommend both. And, who knew roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, and Sprite from Boston Market could taste gourmet?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Hope You Feel Better
Tomorrow So You can swim.

Can You guess who this is?

Kelli said...

Mmmmm... Boston Market. Hope you finally start feeling better soon.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Hope you are feeling better!