Sunday, June 29, 2008

Buy Me!

I am a shopaholic! Big surprise huh? But, I am not your run of the mill shopaholic. I am the type who'll see some crazy thing and just have to have it. Not from infomercials, although I have seen things on TV late at night and headed to the "As Seen On TV" section at Target or Walgreens to find that must have item. Sometimes I'll just get an idea that a certain gadget or goody will just make me awesome, cute, more organized, etc. and I go for it. Poor Jon, if he only knew how much money I have spent on doo-dads... There's false eye lashes, a neti pot for my sinuses, the Body Bugg for weight loss, ditto for the Firm system, Crest whitestrips and a dental polisher for my teeth, even an Ipod. I mean how can you not run on the treadmill everyday when you have a pink Ipod? Jon has even done it, one of my gifts this past Christmas was heated lavender scented slippers! Well, in my pursuit of smooth feet, I got a Ped Egg. I would love to be able to afford a live in "pedicure artist" but that ain't happening. So, I am gonna have to do it myself. I will definitely let y'all know how it works! And, for the record: I never thought in a million years I would have dry, crusty heels! Back when I was a kid I would see older women (mid thirties) at church, the store, etc. and they would have some funky feet. I swore I would never have old lady feet.... What happened?

P.S. someone asked in comments, how these products perform. Well, being the strawberry BLONDE that I am, I forgot to include something... that I never really use most of the goodies I buy. Silly huh? I guess I am awesome enough without them, I just like to spend money I don't really need?! I am however fixing to use the Ped Egg.

6 comments:

Cheree said...

It’s your blog stalker again . . .

So – how about some reviews on your random buys? Specifically – how does that body bug thing work? Worth a purchase?

Amazing Grace said...

Hey! I heard ped eggs were great! my aunt has one and I tried it and loved it. I want to buy one!

Ashley said...

Hey Cheree, I stalk your blog too! I guess I should have put that in the post, about how I buy things and they sit. Duh, that was one of the whole reasons for the post. I am going to edit now! As for how it works, I have heard they are great. But, they are expensive. They cost about $300 and then you pay a monitoring fee. You are supposed to wear them ALL the time. Plus, you have to input your food and exercise online so it will work right. Honestly, you can probably get one of the Biggest Loser books and learn how to figure in your basal metabolic rate (calories burned just by being alive, even if you laid in bed all day) then figure in calories and exercise and it would be the same thing. I have a chart that lists my BMR, and how many calories I burn by EVERY activity that I do. Like housework, walking, swimming, etc. So, it basically is just the same as a body bugg just with pen and paper. You just have to stay on top of it at all times, if you want total accuracy. Me, I'd rather eat a donut...

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I got a Ped Egg for Mother's day and it rocks! Seriously! It's totally gross the amount of CRAP it gets off your heels! Well, not crap, but skin Ü. Yum. I hope you like it!!

Cheree said...

Hmmm – that body bug sounds cool – but sounds like a lot of work! I’m just waiting for the device that MAKES you lose weight. Maybe I should just invent a shocker collar thing or something that’ll shock the crap out of you went you try to eat something bad or skip a workout. Now that’s an idea!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Love my PedEgg!