Sunday, March 1, 2009

My kind of day!

Jon and I celebrated our birthday (yes, we were both born on February 28th) on Saturday by doing a few of the things we enjoy. I slept in until NOON! Meanwhile, Jon went to work and afterwards took the kids to the BMX track for some practice. While they were gone I piddled around the house (cleaning and Facebook-ing) and took the longest bath ever. It felt great! And as an added bonus- no one walked in while I was in there because no one was home but me! We had planned to have dinner and see a movie, but the movie we wanted to see (The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke) was only playing in Dallas and at Grapevine Mills. Chan was babysitting and we felt it would be best if we ate and came straight home. Honestly, that's more our style anyway seeing as we outgrew club hopping a long time ago. Some people may find us boring, but that's just who we are. Dinner out and adult conversation are luxuries and really I am too tired to do much more. We went to one of our favorite places: P F Changs and had some yummy food- super spicy Dali chicken, shrimp with candied walnuts, lettuce wraps, and chicken fried rice. Yum! I had to un-button my pants on the way home, lovely. So worth it though. Even though it was super low key, we had fun. We both forgot to get cards and decided against cake, seeing as we were way too full. But, we made a promise to each other to get cards asap and that tomorrow evening we will have cake. Not uncommon for Jon to forget, but very unlike me, I have been slightly distracted... I do want to thank EVERYONE for the awesome birthday wishes via phone, text, cards, and Facebook. I really am blessed to have such great family and friends. And, before I log off for the night I wanted to share our fortunes, they seemed very fitting considering our recent news this past week. For some reason the waiter gave us three cookies even though it was just me and Jon. I of course took it to mean I should eat two of them, one for me and one for the baby.

Jon's fortune: Your eyes will soon be opened to a world full of beauty, charm and adventure. And on the back was one word: GIRL.

My two fortunes: #1- A single kind word can keep one warm for years and #2- You will receive a surprising gift very soon.

Happy Birthday to me and Jon 2/28/2009

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy birthday again, to both of you! You look very pretty. And how cool that that fortune said "girl." Hmmm...

Krista said...

What a cool fortune!!! I'm glad you had a nice day. It doesn't sound boring to me!! I'm the same way;)

Lois Brown said...

Sounds like you both had a great time on your Birthday's! I'm so glad! Happy birthday again to you both!