Sunday, September 23, 2007

Centuries Old Cure

Hayden managed to get a few mosquito bites last night. Nothing new here. But, we constantly go through Cortaid or something similar. I guess we got it from my Grandma Anderson, who believed Cortaid to cure anything and everything. Muscle aches, bee stings, burns, scratches: Cortaid was the answer. Here we use it for itching, and nothing more.
So, I wasn't surprised that we were out of it as the mosquitos have been bad this year. I dug through every nook, cranny, and cabinet to locate something anti-itch. Hayden got in our bed last night and scratched all night long. It got worse when he went outside and started to sweat . So I grabbed the only anti-itch cream I could find: a tube of expired Vagisil. My grandma is turning over in her grave as we speak. And if Jon finds out...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the vagisil works, you may have discovered a new miracle cure.

Ashley said...

Yeah, but if his foot gets a yeast infection or hot flashes we are in trouble

Shannon said...

hehe, did you try windex?

Ashley said...

So funny that you say that. I was watching Bridezillas today and the bride had a zit, so I immediately thought of Big Fat Greek Wedding. I was wondering if Windex worked and was gonna google it tonight. So weird

Kelli said...

"Grandma, my hand was just eaten off by a rabid rat in your backyard!"

"Put some Cortaid on it."

Ashley said...

or, my cat died. have some cortaid.