Friday, September 28, 2007

There was an old family who lived at the zoo...

Last night when Jon and I were sleeping I had a dream there was spider web stuck to my fingers. I even woke up to brush it away. Well, I quickly realize we have every critter possible out here in the country and jump out of bed.I flick on the light not even thinking it'll disturb Jon, and there on the pillow is a big, fat cricket!! I tell him to wake up that there's a cricket on the pillow, he lifts his head, looks at it, and swats it off. I'm thinking it died and I'll find it when I vacuum today. But, no it is as we speak on my nightstand lampshade!! So, I grab our cat Bella and shove her face towards it, NOTHING! I snap my fingers next to it, NOTHING! So, I do the only thing a girl scared of bugs can do: I knock the SH*T out of it and it flies across the room. It better be dead! Well, in honor of this post I thought I'd show a few photos of the various "creatures" that have wandered onto our property this past year. Not shown, but seen:
scorpion in shower, skunk, possum, armadillo, squirrel, coyote, tarantula, owl, buzzard, and a million black widows and more bunnies than you could ever count!








3 comments:

Kelli said...

Holy crap, a snake! Remember that one in the Target parking lot that time? And that spider looks a lot like the one my neighbor left on the porch for Ewan. You forgot to mention how the coyotes receive their sustenance from devouring your pets.

Ashley said...

Yes I remember the snake fron Target, that was so weird!

James said...

I'd be freaking out too Ashley. Cool pics!