Friday, September 21, 2007

Oh My Gosh, That Is So Gross!!

Yesterday while Jon and I were truck shopping we got held up at a car dealership for way too long. We were in that haggling stage that sucks soo bad. It finally got to a point where we were an hour away from home, nowhere near an answer on a particular vehicle, almost time to get the kids, and starving. Heaven forbid they provide you an answer in a timely manner! So, we decided to run to the only place close for a quick lunch: El Chico's. Now the ironic thing is I had not eaten there in like 6 years until recently, but managed to eat there twice in one week. (It was our only choice.) Ok so long story short. We were at that point of hunger where you are super cranky, headachy, and about to eat your own arm famished. We were quickly seated and began to shovel in the chips and hot sauce on our table faster than they could keep it refilled. We finally got a waiter to bring our drinks and take our order. We were so hungry and so annoyed by the car situation that we never really paid attention to him or his appearance. It wasn't until we had demolished a ton of chips and salsa, and started in on our food, that our waiter brought us drink refills and asked us how everything was. It was then that I noticed, with a mouthful of beans no less, that our waiter was a profuse sweater. I mean rings under the pits, slick forehead, flushed face etc. I looked up at him and saw the BIGGEST bead of sweat on the end of his nose. Swinging and hanging to and fro, I willed it not to fall into my food or drink. After deciding we were safe from drips, Jon and I looked at each other for a split second , dismissed the waiter, and continued to eat . Much like in the movie Vacation where Aunt Edna finds out the dog has peed on the picnic basket. She shrugs her shoulders and eats her sandwich anyway. Seriously though, I am not knocking those who work in the food industry, but it makes you wonder what goes on in the kitchen? When is "what you don't know won't hurt you" ok? And could this guy not feel the sweat? Maybe kept a hanky or even a tortilla to blot his face on? So, needless to say I am through with El Chico's for a while.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Aptly titled post! That is nasty! But I know exactly what type of hunger you are talking about :)

Kelli said...

Once at girl's camp, they had all these tattooed biker-looking guys serving our food. One of them had a drop of sweat hanging off of his arm, which promptly fell into the vat of whatever he was serving. We were hungry for the rest of the day.

Ashley said...

Gag me with a soup ladle!

Shannon said...

omg! you guys are cracking me up!