Saturday, September 22, 2007

I Quit !

I officially give up today ! It is 5 against 1 and I am losing badly ! I am referring to housework. I feel as if I can't keep up with the messes. Even if I clean all day long they mess it up in 5 minutes flat.
How do they do it ? That fast no less ?
I am battling legos, mounds of laundry, flip-flops, crayons, soap scum, dust bunnies, and sinkfuls of dirty dishes, but my single biggest challenge is the floors.
Where does all the dust come from? Cat hair? Crumbs? And how does it accumulate so fast? I seriously am so stressed out about the wood floors and carpet right now. And the grout on the tile! Ugghh! I need a maid for the floors alone!
I can manage the rest. But, the floors have me throwing in the towel today.
It doesn't help that the kids are running in and out, playing 3 different steroes, the TV, and a guitar all at once. I need to be able to think and have some quiet to be able to clean effectively.
So, I am taking the rest of the day off. I'll clean Monday. We're going on a bike ride and baking some cookies later instead.
I may even venture to Target later on too.
I think we're running low on paper towels anyway.

2 comments:

Dijea said...

I'd like to quit too. It's funny too because I'm fighting legos too and dust bunnies & wood floor mess from you know where. Do I know you? Are you sure you're not me in another dimension?

Ashley said...

legos are the worst, especially the little ones. they HURT when you step on them!