Monday, September 10, 2007

Paging Dr. Myers

Of course I couldn't get sick without someone copying me. Now Jon and Hayden have the same stomach bug I had, fun huh ? Instead of heading back to the gym tomorrow, me and Hayden will be reading books and watching Spongebob instead. Popsicles for lunch anyone? I did have someone comment to me today that we are ALWAYS sick at my house, and I have heard that before. And honestly it kinda ticked me off. Because being 1 of 9 children and having 4 kids of my own I know it seems someone was/is always sick . With a husband who works in a retail environment, 4 kids in three different schools, and me shopping at Ghettomart once a week we are bound to get sick. For goodness sakes there are 6 people living under one roof! Once one person gets sick it moves through the house like wildfire. Sure enough we fall like dominos. Once I get everyone better, along comes something else. So for example September could be stomach bugs then in October it could be strep throat. Nothing surprises me anymore. One week after Hayden was born Chandler got pneumonia. Naturally I was competely freaked out. Hayden proceeded to get almost every illness 3 school age kids could bring home all before he was two months old. My pediatrician assured me it was normal for a large family with kids in school to pass stuff around, often. So I have learned to expect the unexpected. For the record my kids are all healthy, they passed their check-ups with flying colors! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. By the way does anyone have a good chicken soup recipe?

No comments: