Friday, September 21, 2007

The joys of motherhood

I guess I should have known. I should have known when we were still at the car dealership at 8:30 on a school night that we were going to have a rough morning . No one wanted to get up, me and Jon included. We actually put a movie in around midnight and finished the whole thing as I was waiting on a load of jeans to dry. This put us in bed around 1:30. And silly me I had the urge to post instead, and to finish watching House Hunters. Hey a mother needs to wind down at some point! We were all really sluggish, but with a sense of urgency, since the kids need to be out for the bus at 7:35. So it all started with a stray fleck of oatmeal that had glued itself to Hayden's upper gums. (you think you've seen it all: vomit, helping them wipe, etc) I guess it was stubborn or he didn't rinse too well. As soon as I get him out the door, Chloe has drama. For those of you who know her, this is nothing new. This is why God gave me 3 boys, I am not sure I could handle more than 1 girl. This time it's her new jeans. They are stiff and something is poking her, REALLY BAD!! So, instead of calmly asking me to help or for different pants she goes ballistic. So, real quick I finish Hunter's hair, kiss his cheek, and shove him out the door. I go retrieve a pair of the still warm from the dryer jeans to replace the poky pair. We get those on, fix her ponytail, slip on her flats and with a quick kiss she too is off to the bus. No sooner had I parked my butt to watch GMA did Hunter come in yelling that Chloe was being bad and crying out at the street in front of all of the other bus riders. There are several boys out there that think they'll get her attention by throwing rocks at her. So I tell Hunter to nicely ask his buddies to cool it and be nice to Chloe. Big mistake, he walks off mocking me. Bigger mistake! I marched myself right out there and I thought Hunter was gonna lose his mind. Not only do I have major bed-head, I am not wearing a bra. Should I be offended that a kid immediately offered me a stick of gum? Thankfully Jon drove up and gave her a ride to school. Now, he'll be rushing around too but oh well, he can handle it. I proceeded to wait with Hunter and his friends. He will never forget this. I am sure he was mortified. I am glad for his sake and mine that his "girlfriend" doesn't ride the bus. Well, it was all worth it though. We really like Jon's new truck and the movie (We Are Marshall) was really good. And, I am so proud of Chandler for getting himself up and out the door with no drama. He is ready to go by 5:40 with not a hint of trouble every morning. He does forget something once a week though. Speaking of, Jon just came in with Chloe's ID badge. Trip #2 to the school will now occur. Time for a stick of gum and a bra.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

When I got to the school, there were 7 other kids needing to call home for their id's.

Kelli said...

I will personally hunt those kids down and kick their asses. I want to swaddle Chloe in a blanket and cuddle her.

Anonymous said...

Ihate stiff jeans myself

Shannon said...

LOL Mrs. A!

James said...

dont you hate that when you have something poking you on your shirt or jeans, but cant find what it is for the life of you?! And just when you think you must have gotten it, it starts poking you again! lol