Wednesday, March 25, 2009

16 week "check-up"

Once again I am not doing so hot at blogging... big shocker I know! I do have two posts to do but they require scanning and uploading pictures, eventually I will get to them. So, in the meantime I will update y'all on the pregnancy.

I will be 16 weeks Saturday and it's finally starting to sink in that another baby is going to be joining our family. It is still pretty surreal as it's been the 6 of us for so long. I am positive that in no time it'll be as if he/she was always here. It's still so far away but does seem as if the weeks are going by quick, which I think happens as you get older. But, in this case- not quick enough. The peeing is getting old and I know it's only going to get worse....

Speaking of he/she, I am so curious about what we are having. Yes, I am gonna find out and I can hardly wait. I am quite sure it's another boy, which is fine with me. Chloe however has said she is moving out if it's another boy. So, get your couches ready... For sure the clothes will be cheaper! I find out on April 14th, which is 21 days away. Provided the little munchkin is cooperating, I plan on going straight to the mall to buy anything baby! I also plan on making cupcakes in either pink or blue to surprise the kids.

I have finally gotten some of the 2nd trimester energy that I have been hearing so much about. I actually cooked dinner three times this week and everyone has clean clothes, woo hoo! I have been cleaning, organizing, and doing all the things I have been neglecting the last three months. My family is ever so thankful. We did have a casualty though- Chloe's fish. Which apparently I am supposed to feed, who knew? Anyway, he died.

We have sorta discussed names, but will probably narrow it down more once we find out what we are having. We will more than likely follow the pattern we currently have going on with the other kids which means this baby will have a C first initial and an M middle initial. Right now we have: Chandler Mackensie, Hunter Kristian, Chloe Madison, and Hayden Kristofer. However, we may be completely nutty and do something totally different. Only time will tell...

Jon and I have been looking at nursery furniture and car seats online. Ok, mostly I look and show him stuff and he says- "mmm hmm" like he's interested. But, we are assuming the baby will be with us in our room for quite sometime, which means I am gonna totally redecorate. For sure in a bassinet for a few months and then who knows. Depends on if we move or not. We may end up having a baby in our room until it starts college.

Which brings me to my biggest worry right now: if we should try and move or stay here. Obviously a baby only cares about being fed, dry, and warm. But, we are already so cramped in this house that I can't even imagine adding in a baby and all the gear that comes with. Not to mention that Hunter and Hayden could use their own space. It's hard to have a 13 year old and a 7 year old together. Which if you are counting means we need a 6 bedroom house or a 5 bedroom with a study we can use as a bedroom. Then there's the economy. And, getting Jon to agree to sell. He thinks we live in paradise because we have a pool, 1.5 acres, and his 1200 square foot shop. But, I would rather have less yard and more house.

So, there you have it- my 16 week "check-up". I will update again in a few weeks.

P.S. I have felt the very beginnings of movement. And, for anyone who thinks it's gas, you're wrong. Being that it's my 5th and I am a gassy person I know the difference. It really is such a cool feeling that I could never get tired of.

6 comments:

Krista said...

How exciting!! It is so neat when you start feeling the movements!! I can't wait to hear what you are having either!

Erica said...

Oh oh oh, I can't wait until you find out. And we moved to have a bigger house, but already feel cramped. Is a house ever big enough? :)

Lois Brown said...

How exciting that you felt it move! ahhhh, I am so happy for you! I hope its a girl for Chloe's sake! But I know you all will love whatever! All the baby paraphanlia will go away eventually and your oldest will be going off to college so your existing house might work....but what do I know! I think its cute that you can get John to look and say Hmmm hmmm at all the baby stuff! He's a good guy! Love ya, sweetie!

Faintastic! said...

The Amy Coe stuff at babies r us is still on clearance for 75% off. It is seriously cute. It's only on sale at the store, not online. There is a brown and white set that would be so easy to turn into boy or girl. You should seriously check it out.

Shannon said...

i love hearing about this! I still can't believe you are having another baby! So crazy and wonderful. And feeling the baby is like the best most wonderfully weird feeling in the whole world!

Kelli said...

Feeling the baby move is the ONLY thing I miss about being pregnant. The rest of it is a total suck-fest, but feeling the baby move makes it worth it. I am so excited to see a new Myers baby! I can't wait to find out the sex. Tell Chloe I would let her stay here, but I'm afraid she's just run into more boys!