Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Denim Blues

Well, I can no longer comfortably fit into my jeans. Which is a bummer beyond belief. I wear jeans almost every day. They fit ok after I struggle to get them on and if they are on my second wearing, but that struggle to get them on is not pretty... Yesterday I was in a mad dash to get Hayden after school and I was already drenched in sweat from the hair dryer, then I grabbed my freshly washed jeans. And I proceeded to put them on. They fit wonderful until it's time to zip them and then it turns into an aerobic workout. I would just leave them open or do the rubberband trick but I was wearing a more fitted top. I mistakenly bought three pairs of my regular jeans about a month ago thinking with my recent weight loss that I could wear them til at least the 5th month. Umm no. So, now I'm on a quest to find someone who can alter my jeans and put stretchy panels in them or locate maternity jeans. Which I'm not sure exist. Apparently if you are petite, plus size, and preg-o you're not allowed to dress nice. Wish me luck... I'm gonna need it.

9 comments:

Leanne said...

I understand. That is always the hardest part for me too. I love my blue jeans.

Missy said...

Hey, I saw some button extenders on TV the other day, so I did a search. I found this stuff on ebay. It might give you a little more time??

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I'm gonna have to try this for you (a good excuse to get a sewing machine Ü) surely it can't be that hard!! Jeans are a must!

Lois Brown said...

I will help you put the panel in. I can bring my machine over to you! Just let me know when a good time is! I don't want you to get discouraged. When I was pregnant we just bought the jeans with the panel already in them....do they not have those anymore? Of course I realize that was back when cave men ruled the world!

Shannon said...

ooo, good luck on the hunt for cute maternity clothes, i really think they are getting cuter and cuter each passing year! sucks on the new jeans! at least you will have some cute clothes for after to look forward too!

Ashley said...

Ok, so I am taking them to the alteration place tomorrow. Lois says that you need a pretty heavy duty machine for denim. In the meantime I am gonna use the button extender that Missy recommended, I actually bought some earlier and they are located in Texas, so hopefully they get here soon. I have actually gotten some cute stuff, it's just the jeans that are stumping me. Lois, they do make them but I am short and chubby, so they are usually too long. Thanks for all the advice and opinions guys!

Anonymous said...

Ashley tell me where you took them for alteration i am in the same boat already... this is sooo unfair lose lots of wieght and now no jeans fit. Congrats by the way... See ya soon

Lois Brown said...

Ashley my sweet girl...I was trying to be funny with my buying the jeans with the panel already in...kind of showing that I'm more your mothers age then yours! and that I'm an old out of date out of style fuddy duddy! Of course I would have and will still help you whenever...like I said I can bring my machine over. If you did take them for alterations let me know how it worked and if you were happy with it...so I know for future reference! I'm so excited about your baby! I can't wait!

And never worry about if you are leaving comments on my blog...I know your reading and I know you have so much to worry about! No problemo. I'm just very grateful for your friendship!

Cheree said...

You are so funny. I had the opposite problem. I LOVED my full panel preggo jeans (from Target of course) and kept extending their wear until it really wasn’t appropriate for me to keep wearing them (when Caedyn was 2 or 3 months old!) It was funny though, my baby sister (10 at the time) was commenting on how all jeans should have the full panel – so comfy! I agree with her!

You should try Target (or Old Navy –wherever). You can buy online and return at the store if you don’t like what you got. All of the capri’s are out now – you can get away with odd lengths during the summer, just get you some cute flats! :-)