Sunday, March 22, 2009

It pays to clean!

I FINALLY got around to cleaning my desk off today. It was a mess! I have let several weeks worth of mail pile up and this evening I decided enough was enough. I am sure glad I did it, because I found THREE CHECKS! I somehow overlooked the 3 envelopes that contained the $$, whereas normally I can smell a check a mile away. Plus, not to be outdone the other day I found $22 in cash in the dryer! I love that me and Jon both rarely check our pockets. The money couldn't come at a better time, because Monday my mom and I are going on a shopping adventure for maternity clothes. And, we might do lunch... mom- I am craving Chinese.

P.S. the checks were for: $88.00 (child support), $125.34 (escrow surplus), and $8.00 (bank refund). Add in the cash for a grand total of $243.34! Yay me!

9 comments:

Kelli said...

And I was thrilled when I found $8 in my wallet I'd forgotten about.

susette said...

I'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tonight-midnight. I am ahead for now but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere and I would so, so, appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥♥

Anonymous said...

Where is a Chinese place close to where weLove, Mom are going?

Anonymous said...

Where is a Chinese place close to where we are going Love,Mom
g?

Anonymous said...

I thought that didn't go so I re typed it and now you get it twice

Erica said...

Um, let me know when your desk needs to be cleaned off again. :)

Simply Sarah *K* said...

James found $5.37 in the parking lot at work today...he lays it on my desk and says "buy yourself something nice" lol.

Krista said...

Sweet!!! That would be awesome!! Get some cute stuff!

Lois Brown said...

Wow, that was a great find! whoohoo!