Saturday, March 28, 2009

grrrr....

Please tell me when it is ever ok to walk into someone's house without knocking? I have had two of the neighbor kids walk in like they lived here THREE times today. Twice the front door was locked so they went around to my side door. The third time it happened I about lost it and then I got smart and locked every door. I can still ocassionally hear the rattle of various door knobs. OH MY GOSH, go home! We are doing chores and it's too cold to go out anyway... I feel like we are being stalked! People- watch your OWN children please. Thanks!

3 comments:

Lois Brown said...

that is amazing that they woule just walk in unless they have been told that they are like family and can do so....wow! You do have to set boundaries with some kids today. Now I will show my age by saying...I think it comes from a generation of never being told no or really taught manners anymore...they just think everyone is there for them. But I will say that even the girls and boys that were "like family" always asked, knocked, said please and thank you which is why I felt they were "like family" so sorry you are faced with this. It is bad when you are trying to get your kids to do chores to have interruptions! There are times that I had to be the mean mom....but that just means you are being a good mom!

Kelli said...

I think if that ever happens to me, I'll be so angry that I won't be able to say anything. I kind of see myself steaming mad, clenching my fists, unable to move until I actually melt.

Leanne said...

Funny because I love when people feel comfortable enough to walk into my house without knocking. It means they feel comfortable in my home. What makes me reallllllly angry is when kids come over and go through the fridge and pantry without asking. My own kids aren't even allowed to do that!