Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lazy Sunday

I am getting quite skilled at being a lady of leisure. Today was no exception. I mean I did stuff, but it was just the bare minimum. First things first, I pushed snooze on my alarm more times than I care to remember, but did manage to make it to the last hour (Relief Society) of church. I am soo glad I made it for that one hour. GREAT lesson that I definitely needed. I also felt strongly that I needed to try harder to make it to church on Sundays. I know for a fact that although sleeping in feels great, church would make me feel even better.
After church I had some lunch and a nap. Even better- my entire family was gone so I got to nap in peace!
Shortly after I woke up Jon and the kids came home from the BMX track and told me all about Chloe's crash. She just recently started racing and today during a practice lap she tumbled over her handlebars and bit her tongue pretty bad. Her tongue is swollen and purple on the tip and she has two big teethmarks/holes on it. She also has several scrapes and bruises here and there. Honestly I know I sound like a baby, but I am not so jazzed about the idea of my only daughter getting hurt like that...
Next on the agenda- we were treated to a free concert by our neighbors! Isn't that sweet? Someone on the next block had a Mexican/Hispanic/Mariachi band playing some seriously loud music, for 6 solid hours! It was so loud we could hear it inside and when we went outside we could hear the singer or DJ and what he was saying word for word! All it really did for me was give me a serious craving for Mexican food. So, we had nachos for dinner.
And, last but not least I ventured to Wal-Mart for some Orajel for Chloe. Not much happened there, same rude, odd people as always. But, I did find something I have been looking for: Cocoa Creme Tums. Just opening the bottle made me smile, they smell yummy! Like walking into Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. It's been a long time since I was that excited. Now, I can cure my heartburn and my craving for chocolate at the same time. Wow, I live an exciting life!!
Now, it's off to bed and it all starts all over again tomorrow. I have a feeling Monday is gonna be interesting. Chloe is already pulling the stay home card and Hayden has a pretty big project due Thursday. Wish me luck....

2 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Cocoa Creme Tums? Lol...thats just funny.
And Chloe riding is a bit scary...boys seem to be able to take the injuries alot easier that girls! It's hard to see any of them get hurt!!
Good luck with Hayden's project! I've got my thinking cap on for ya!

Lois Brown said...

I'm so sorry about Chloe's accident! Today is probably going to be worse then Sunday!

The tums sound interesting! I bet they are good...never heard of them before. I remember when i was prego I used to have to eat them several times a day!

Memories.....