Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cooking with Ashley

Ok, so this post is purely to toot my own horn. I made like the best dinner. It wasn't really out of the ordinary, just good home cooking. Plus, I haven't been cooking all that often, it comes in spurts. I made a pan of barbecue chicken, a pan of oven fry chicken tenders, garlic mashed potatoes, and fresh broccoli with cheese sauce. And, the sad thing is- we ate it ALL. I think there is one chicken breast left! I also think I dirtied a good chunk of every dish we own not to mention so many pots and pans. And, thanks to Miss Erica, I have been craving apple pie or actually any apple dessert for the last few months but have only given in three times, and twice was tonight.... I made apple dumplings (with Mountain Dew as the odd ingredient) and OH MY GOSH were they ever good. I believe Erica found the recipe on The Pioneer Woman Cooks and after browsing through all the recipes on there I am thinking I may be cooking more often. So many yummy sounding recipes with awesome pictures (taken during each step of the cooking/baking process) to boot. If you are in need of cooking inspiration or just some yummy comfort food, you should check her site out. And, if you must know, yes I had to un-button my offensive non-maternity jeans so I could finish chowing down. But, it was totally worth it.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Way to go! You're making my mouth water. Oh, and try her crash hot potatoes. Those are the new "go-to" side dish around here.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Pioneer Woman does the best food! And I love how she shows the steps, too! So fun.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the pioneer women had any mpuntain dew.