Tuesday, March 31, 2009

More things I've learned today...

After 17 years of being a mom, it finally hit me like a ton of bricks: my children really can't clean their rooms very well, they can lose things like shoes rather easily, they will watch you looking for their shoes as if they were at the movies, and they don't listen EVER! Oh, and my "favorite", they truly can't do much without me. Neither can the man I married...

I have been married to Jon for 13 years and he can't find things AT ALL either, he doesn't listen worth squat, and the most annoying: the manner in which he puts things in the refrigerator. Case in point, last night we had burgers and hot dogs for dinner. He oh so sweetly helped me put things away and this morning when I opened the fridge it looked like an explosion had gone off. Condiments wherever they would fit (instead of the door where I thought most people kept condiments), the cheese slices sitting on a plate of leftovers, a baggie of lettuce sitting on a pitcher of juice... I mean, aren't those nifty little drawers there for a reason? Really this made getting lunches packed a nightmare! I should have insisted that the kids only had one option for lunches, the lunch line. Who was I to ever allow them to bring a homemade lunch?

Whew! Put it this way- this morning was emotionally and physically exhausting! I was pulled in more directions than I even knew possible. I even got everyone up early and Chloe still missed her bus, for the 2nd time this week and it's only Tuesday!! If my family would only listen to me they would realize how much smoother things would be if we all worked together. To say I am ready for this school year to be over would be putting it mildly. I am tired of packing lunches, school uniforms, getting up early, getting yelled at by pubescent little turds, etc etc. I am sooo ready to sleep in every day. I long for the lazy days of Summer: ice cream, swimming, sundresses, naps, cookouts, and watermelon just to name a few. Breath Ashley. There are only 49 days of school left.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Ahhh!! You poor thing. Hopefully your afternoon will go smoother. You just need to have a sitdown with everyone. Take a nap and enjoy your afternoon;-}

Lois Brown said...

AMEN!

VirtualM said...

Oh Ashley - and the good news is that you get to start the process alllll over again. :)

I was at an appointment with my midwife yesterday and we were chit-chatting about how husbands are just as bad (if not worse) than kids. Oye.