Thursday, January 22, 2009

I know, right?

Yes, I know- it's about time I posted. I am not gonna give you the same old song and dance of nothing going on to blog about, I am sure you got that memo. I mean really, if I had something bloggable going down I would have been on here 4 days ago. So, today you're getting an all for one. Um-kay? Can you keep up?

So far I have been spared the worst of the stomach bug (crossing fingers) but I have been plagued with one heck of a nasty cold. I actually dusted the other day, and shortly thereafter I started sneezing uncontrollably. Like, I almost wrecked after a sneeze attack. I am not exactly sure if it's a cold or from dusting. Nothing I am doing is providing relief, which has made life unpleasant. Sleep is out of the question. If I lay on my back my nose is plogged. If I lay on my tummy, I drip on my pillow. I have spent a fair amount of time with a kleenex jammed up my nose. What? It helps me breath. Plus, my nose is RAW- like hamburger meat.

I am sure those of you that have been reading for awhile are wondering about my weight loss. And, I have an explanation. No, I haven't gained my weight back. Around the holidays, I gave myself a break. I wanted to be able to enjoy all the yummy goodies that Christmas brings. Thankfully my scale hasn't budged, my clothes are still loose, etc. I am actively shopping for a treadmill (ok- internet shopping) and I ordered a few workout DVDs. I am getting back on the bandwagon, as soon as I can get all the snot (where does it all come from?) out of my system and off my face.

I am sure you've noticed the lack of pictures lately. You know I've got an explanation. My computer has been pretty wonky lately and I can't get my pictures to transfer from my camera to my computer. It takes about 5 trys and lots of curse words. And frankly, I am just too lazy to bother with it. Sorry, maybe someday I'll have it figured out...

I have seen lots and lots of movies lately. There are a couple that were good- Marley and Me and Bride Wars. There was one that was really good and really cute- Hotel for Dogs and then what has to be hands down one of the best movies I have ever seen- Gran Torino. If you can handle rough talk and some salty language, don't miss it. Really. It was soooo good. I laughed so hard and cried, big giant sobs. No, it isn't for everyone. But, I am seeing it again soon. I have this snot issue that's keeping me out of public unless food's involved.

And, speaking of watching things, 3 of my favorite shows all premiered in the last week. Big Love, American Idol, and LOST! All I have to say is, all 3 shows look like they are gonna be so good and I am just darn thankful there is something to watch. Literally there has been nothing to watch on TV, so I have been reading. Don't laugh but I have been reading the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. I have read 3 of them since Sunday and may be taking a little trip to Half Price Books to get 2 more. If I can find a big enough box of kleenex for the journey.

I hope this post will tide you over til later. I will be back on after I have worked up the energy to scan some photos. Somebody in our house is having a birthday.... I won't say who, but I am sure you can guess when I say- it's a boy and he's officially making the big leap into the crazy world of being a TEENAGER!!! OMG, somebody help me!

5 comments:

Lois Brown said...

Hope your feeling better soon! Good catch up post! I have missed seeing your posts and pictures! love your stories they are always good!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Girl, I was wondering where you were ;)...but we all deserve a break here and there! Get well soon :).

Kelli said...

Happy birthday, Hunter!!!

Nothing wrong with the Shopaholic series. A girl needs chic lit! And LOST was sooooo good.

Krista said...

I was wondering too but I totally understand. I've been super tired since I got home and haven't felt like doing anything. I hope your sickies get going so you can feel better.

Amazing Grace said...

I wish I could blog half as good as you!