Sunday, January 18, 2009

oops...

So, this time I slept til 11:46. We all did. Except Jon, who is out fixing the fence. To say we are not morning people but rather night owls would be putting it mildly. So, I am gonna have to do something about it. First I am gonna have to talk to our Bishop about pushing church back to the 11 o'clock slot. That probably won't work. Secondly, I am thinking a Sunday morning wake up call is in order. Seriously. And, just to show you the kind of "luck" I have: this time we had a power surge or something from Chandler's TV and it knocked out power in a few random places, one of which was the wall in the master bedroom, where our bed and nightstands are, which is where we keep the clocks. I am not sure if I would know how to handle myself if a normal day wasn't getting TP'd, the dog escaping 15 times (thus the reason for the fence repair), someone barfing, a power surge, over indulging on Girl Scout cookies, and so on and so forth. Really, what do normal people do on a normal day?

*Kirsten- I am emailing you now.

6 comments:

Lois Brown said...

All good plans! I agree that trying to push church back won't work...but the wake up calls is a good thing! This morning I was up at 6:00 (only because of Alan having to be gone by then) and worked on my lesson and visual aides and then lounged around waiting for time to get ready until I said...Oh my goodness what am I doing I'm going to be late...and was! Go figure,they were finishing the opening hymn when I walked in. I saw the relief on Alan's face that I finally made it. I don't konw what I was thinking but all of a sudden I realized it was 8:10 and church starts at 9:00 Crazy! So I fixed my mom's hair so she wouldn't be late, then jumped in the shower and got ready bathed Aileen and got her ready and then ran out the door! I really should pay closer attention to time!

I will say you have had a crazy week though! Glad the fence is fixed, hope the barfing is over and that you don't get it and I'll join you in eating the girl scout cookies! And I know we got TP'd a lot when Allison and Anne Marie lived at home! Hang in there!

Kelli said...

So, what is sleep like?

Simply Sarah *K* said...

9am church is the hardest thing to do!! I am with you on the not being a morning person in the least!! I'd rather stay up late late and then sleep in any day :).

Ashley said...

Kelli-
if you only knew....

Krista said...

Is Chloe still barfing? I hope noone else got the flu!!
I have 9:00 church too and it is so hard to get up. Good luck next week;)

Shannon said...

at least you have an excuse, sometimes I just like to skip...hehe