Thursday, January 15, 2009

Heaven help me!

I am not sure I can handle this again. Chloe threw up. I am PARANOID about vomit. Especially when it comes out of me. I feel terrible for my children when they throw up, but I feel more terrible for me. I have a MAJOR phobia of vomiting. So much so that I sleep with a bucket or tub next to my bed and even keep one in my car, just in case... I am still hoping and praying that my super mommy immune system will kick in and I will be saved from hurling. I was feeling pretty good about it being a minor episode and then she went and puked again. I have been nauseous since the first time at 7:30 and I made toast and soup for dinner, just in case... Basically I got the worst stomach bug (the Ethan virus) of my entire life when Chan was a baby. It literally took me one month to eat normal food and feel better. I have been traumatized ever since. The one we got last October came close to being just as bad as "the Ethan virus". My mom and I named it that because it was at my step Grandpa Ethan's funeral that we both started feeling sick. Man, it was bad. I don't ever want to feel that way again. So, pray for me. I am completely serious. Thank goodness Jon isn't squeamish about barf and has been helping Chloe. Man I love him.

8 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Thank goodness for good men!! I hate vomit too...when Bella was sick before Christmas, I had to clean it up and it was HORRIBLE!!! UGH! Bella still won't eat chocolate b/c she thinks that's what made her get sick.
Poor Chloe!! I hope she feels better! And that you don't get it!! That just wouldn't be fair!!

Krista said...

I hate throwing up too!! I would rather have a yucky runny nose for a week than the stomach flu for a day. Spray that lysol girlie because you gotta come see me on Saturday!!

Ashley said...

Oh I'm spraying Lysol and wearing a mask when I go in her room. I am coming, I hope...

Anonymous said...

How come steak doesn't taste as good coming back up?

Ashley said...

I wouldn't know James, you should do an experiment and let us all know. I am thinking it's a little thing called bile...

Lois Brown said...

That is great that Jon can help....mine can't do throw up that is my department! I will be praying for you not to get sick...that is too bad that now Chloe has it! Bummer!

K said...

Since I've just "been there, done that," I will definitely be praying that you stay well.

Kirsten

Anonymous said...

Ah! Poor Chloe! Please give her a big squeeeze for me... Not so tight she chucks again tho!
Do you guys all have the paper face masks on again! That's soo funny! I wish I could spend a weekend in The Myers Family household! You guys are fun.