Friday, January 30, 2009

Baby Factory

I am sure everyone has heard the news about the woman who had octuplets. Well, did you hear that she already has 6 kids at home? And they are all under the age of 7! I suck at math but I'll give it a shot:

6 + 8 = 14 kids

Words fail me. Seriously. I love my kids and I would take another if Heavenly Father felt there was one that needed to be sent to my family. I feel deep pain for women who can't have children or who have suffered pregnancy loss. And, honestly it's none of my business how a woman gets pregnant. But, I have to think it was incredibly irresponsible for a fertility Doctor to deposit 8 fertilized eggs into this woman's uterus. My mom had 9 over the course of 20 years... This chick is almost to Duggar status! I had read that she is under 30. And that her husband is headed back to Iraq. And, while I am overjoyed at the thought of a soft and cuddly, sweet smelling little miracle from Heaven- I feel very sorry for the mom. I can't even imagine what her life is going to entail from now on.... I am glad that her children are healthy, it just seems abnormal for a woman to carry that many babies. I mean it's rare for a woman to have more than 2, sure it happens. But singleton pregnancies are the norm. I read another article where I think the situation was summed up just right: "Women are not designed to have LITTERS of BABIES. Look at their bodies. They were intended to feed one maybe two at most."

6 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Can you imagine having EIGHT babies in your belly at the same time? My cousin Ashley had twins, and even that is amazing to me! There was barely room for one at a time in my belly...and I'm a big ole gal! :)

Lois Brown said...

All I can say is wow...I had never heard of the Duggers...how did you know about them...Wow! is all I can say to both situations. I hope they(mom, dad, and family) get lots of help emotionally and monetarily!

Krista said...

Yes, this woman must be nuts!! Why in the world would you put 8 embryos in you when you already have 6 kids!! Why would you pay for invitro in the first place? It just doesn't sound very smart and that is a very mean thing to do to her parents!

Candy Babina said...

The news report I heard yesterday was that she has NO husband. She is single and lives with her parents. Go figure.

Kelli said...

Yeah, I heard the same thing Candy heard. She's single and her mom helps her, although she said she won't anymore once she gets out of the hospital.

VirtualM said...

I'm a bit late on this, but I heard that she actually had less than 8 embryos implanted and that they divided and voila! 8 fetuses. I think that's my nightmare. Then again, one kid sometimes gets a bit overwhelming for me.
All I have to say is that this lady really needs some psychiatric help and the kids are going to need it in the future.