Friday, January 2, 2009

2009 is coming in with a BANG!

I am one of "those chicks". Ya know, I have addressed it on here before. The always late, black cloud over head, strange things happen to her kind of chicks. And, the new year is oh so sweetly reminding me of that. Case in point:

Septic tank nearly overflowed. For those of you who don't know what a septic tank is, it's basically our very own sewer system in the back yard. One giant dark tank full of every bit of gunk that goes down our sinks, toilets, showers, washer, etc. Couldn't wash clothes or dishes for 3 days. House smelled like a giant fart. It's fixed and we have yet to see the bill. I am scared.

Did manage to see our Sprint bill. Apparently I text too much, who me? We have corrected things and I now have unlimited texting, but not before I did $400 worth of damage. That's in addition to our regular monthly bill. Put it this way: the cell phone bill for me, Jon, and the older boys is in the 4 digit range... Go Ashley!?

Even though my mini-van has a reverse camera, I still managed to back into Hunter's skate rail. Basically a mini hand rail that he does tricks on with his skateboard. It clunked really loud! At this moment I see no damage to my 7 month old car that I am paying a hefty chunk of monthly change for, but it's pitch black out here in Podunkville. We shall see tomorrow. Cross your fingers, toes, arms, etc. that it's ok. Jon will kick my butt if my van is scratched!

And, my most upsetting news of all: Chan's wisdom teeth are making an early appearance. Which is not surprising considering he hit puberty at 8. The part I am most bummed about is that the new teeth are causing 2 of his teeth to shift and become loose! Ugghhh! No member of my family will ever be toothless, unless they are under 1, still being visited by the tooth fairy, or are over 80.

I am sure hoping 2009 will bring some goodness, happiness, and joy. I can't stand another year full of drama.

P.S. I am so not meaning to be a negative Nancy, forgive me.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Ugg, i feel ya! I am sick, tired, and just want some good stuff coming my way! and your blog looks really cute by the way!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Umm, that totally sucks. What the heck? Doesn't 2009 know it's supposed to be "fine"? Hopefully it's just getting all the drama out of the way so the rest of the year can be nice & easy ;).

Ashley said...

Shannon- thanks! And, Sarah- I am liking your way of thinking. I sure hope this week was a bump in the road of prosperity and that 2009 will be mighty fine!!

Kelli said...

It's because we're Andersons. Really. Poor Chan. At least your blog looks good.

Lois Brown said...

It always comes in 3's so you should be good for awhile! I'm so sorry for all the frustration....and I love your blog it looks great!