Thursday, January 8, 2009

Poor Chandler

So, just the other day I was thinking there was nothing to blog about... and then Chandler got sick. He came home from school Wednesday and he didn't look so hot. Pale, disoriented, thirsty, clammy, weak. He needed help carrying his backpack into the house. I grilled him like nobody's business, trying to figure out what was wrong. He told me he felt pretty bad and that he had collapsed at the end of his workout in athletics. Apparently, the coach is already pushing them hard for next year. He wants another National Championship in football. Anyway, Chan gets the shower going (it's his comfort zone when he's sick) and then I hear him barf at least 3 times, maybe more. At that point I was in a fit of hysterics, vomiting scares me and literally makes my skin crawl. I quickly pass out those sterile blue masks to the kids and start spraying Lysol, just in case. Chan gets out of the shower and into bed. I make dinner as usual and he wants to eat, so I let him. I had made homemade chicken noodle soup/stew stuff and it was bland. Plus, he has an iron stomach, normally. He had already kept down several LARGE glasses of water, so I didn't see any harm in it. And, he did manage to keep dinner down. I kept him home yesterday anyway, just to be on the safe side. Since then, he has been getting an occasional headache, body feels weak, and a scratchy throat, but otherwise seems better. Jon took him to CareNow for me last night (he slept all day) and after three hours he was diagnosed with: a sinus infection. So weird, I still don't know how a sinus infection could have caused him to react that way. Honestly, it's still a mystery to me. I don't know if his school lunch made him sick or if he was experiencing dehydration or heat exhaustion or what?? I am still scratching my head and waiting to see if anyone else gets THE MYSTERY VIRUS.

5 comments:

Cheree said...

This sounds eerily close to what my hubby has. On day one, I had diagnosed him with the flu (he was fevery, achy, etc.) He never did have nausea though. Now – he’s just nursing a sore throat. I think we’re on day 3 or 4 now. I hope whatever it is it passes soon (and he keeps it to himself!)

Lois Brown said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! I hope he is better soon! It's so hard when our kids are sick no matter how old they are!!!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Ugh, that stinks! I hope he feels better!!

Kelli said...

Chandler has always kind of gagged 'til he threw up when he's got any congestion - do you think it's something like that?

Krista said...

Yeah, maybe there was snot (I know...gross) in the back of his throat that made him throw up. I hope he feels better!!