Tuesday, July 22, 2008

All packed... and somewhere to go!!!!

Wow, what an ordeal! I have finally finished packing and cleaning my entire house! I still need to tie up a few loose ends, like a pedicure. Not sure if I am an over-packer or what? But, it seems like we are taking a TON of stuff. Here's what we are taking:

my scriptures
8 outfits x 4 boys = 32 outfits
12 outfits x 2 girls = 24 outfits
4 pairs of shoes x 4 boys = 16 pairs of shoes
8 pairs of shoes x 2 girls = 16 pairs of shoes
24 pairs of socks
more clean underwear than you can count (you know what they say...)
2 laptops
4 Ipods
4 walkie talkies
binoculars
24 DVD's
car DVD player
portable DVD player
4 cell phones + chargers
navigation system
PSP
makeup
straightening iron, hair products, and hair dryer
GIANT first aid kit
6 towels
4 bathing suits
1 acoustic guitar
3 BMX bikes
3 helmets
racing gear (clothes, gloves, pads, and clip shoes)
snacks and a loaded ice chest
toiletries (perfume and lotion included)
games (dominos, cards, handheld guitar hero)
coloring books and crayons
2 purses
jewelry
2 cameras
1 video camera
4 blankets and 4 pillows
air bed and pump
canopy and 6 lawn chairs
6 human beings

All squeezed into an 8x4 U-Haul trailer pulled by a 2008 Honda Odyssey minivan. So, what do you think? Am I missing anything? Don't laugh if you see us dragging the ground...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are moving to Utah. Is there going to be anyhting left at the house? I think you should take both the dogs too, sounds like you may have some extra room for them.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

That is one big list! LOL. But hey..you got a good-sized family and you gotta have your STUFF!!
I crack up the 8 pairs of shoes for 2 girls...but only 4 pairs of shoes for 4 boys! Haha...ain't that the truth!
Hope ya'll have fun!

Erica said...

Are you moving??? I can relate. I swear we partially move each time we go out of town. Have fun!!!

Krista said...

That's a lot of shoes!! Hope you have a great time!

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

a-hah! tweezers! don't forget the tweezers! you did good, thats all i could come up with....dang.

Ashley said...

oh I remembered tweezers! and, so many shoes! crazy, but thankfully we got a nice hotel and it all fits great!

Kelli said...

I'm trying to figure out what the walkie talkies are for.

Ashley said...

Walkies talkies were for the track, so if we got separated from the kids. Also, when we were walking around Temple Square. Lots of people in a strange city. Just for safety.

Ashley said...

I ended up wearing the same 2 pairs of shoes and I bought a white sundress at Target...