Saturday, July 12, 2008

Nifty Fifties Birthday!

Today was Chloe's 11th birthday party! We will be in Utah on her actual birthday, so we had her party today. Technically she's still 10, but we'll pretend otherwise. We did a 50's style sock hop at The Old Town Malt Shop in Burleson. Neat party room, and it was only $65 bucks! We had the whole room to ourselves and it was big. We attempted a hula hoop contest and a bubble gum blowing contest, neither of which worked out. Several of the girls poodle skirts wouldn't stay up and most of the kids there didn't know how to blow a bubble. I kinda feel bad for Chloe, she doesn't have too many girlfriends and having a Summer birthday doesn't help matters. She ended up having 2 other girls her age there. But, we had a good turnout of family and friends and everyone had fun. The biggest hits of the whole party were musical chairs to 50's music and the giant record pinata. And, just shoot me: but I have the most beautiful daughter. She is blossoming into such a beautiful young lady. She is still a little girl though, which was pretty obvious when she made her birthday wish list: brownies, a Wall-E pillow, and a mini indoor trampoline. The trampoline was her favorite gift, even more so than her new cell phone. I must be crazy...

the cake (Sweet Imaginations in Burleson)


opening her loot


Chloe and Taylor (friends since they were babies)


Chloe and Taylor (Pink Ladies)


me and Hayden


Princess Chloe


She is so beautiful


my and my baby girl


me and Chloe, again


me and Hayden


Chloe and the Wall-E pillow, Hayden "helping" open gifts


Tanisha and Garrison (Grayson's mom and brother)


Grayson (Chandler's half brother)


the kiddos at the partay


Taylor, Rachel, and Chloe


Dalton (and his slicked back hair!)


Chloe multitasking (blowing gum and hula hooping)


three generations of Taylor's


P.S. thanks to everyone who helped me. And Vince, you looked awesome!! He was the only other adult besides me to dress up. Of course I forgot to get our picture, duh.

9 comments:

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

That is so cute, count on you to have such a cute idea! You are so cute! Please let me know about Amy's baby shower. Let me know if i can help at all.

Amazing Grace said...

OMG., you are the best mom!
Look at that b-day party.... you're so innovative... I wish I was more like you,
XOXO
Miss ya!

Ashley said...

Thanks girls! Y'all are sweet. As for the shower, I plan on doing alot of planning in my head on the loooong drive to Utah, so I will let you know. I think Kelli, my mom, and I will have it covered though. Plus, you have a new baby!!! Grace will you be back by then? August 16th???

Krista said...

That looks like way too much fun!!! What an awesome idea. What part of Utah are you going?

Ashley said...

Racing is in South Jordan and our hotel is in downtown Salt Lake. But, we are also gonna visit family in Draper, Millcreek, West Jordan, and Saratoga Springs. We plan on staying in Rio Rancho, New Mexico one night on the way there and back. Whew! I get tired typing all those places!

Cheree said...

The party looked like it was a blast – and you have a beautiful family!
Have a safe trip. I’ll miss your posting (but look forward to reading all about it when you’re back!)

Simply Sarah *K* said...

OH MY GOSH! How much fun was that?! You throw the best parties, seriously! Happy early Bday Chloe!!

Ashley said...

Thanks, you guys are making me blush! Cheree- I only stay in hotels with high speed internet! We are taking 2 laptops with us, which all 6 of us will be sharing!!

Kelli said...

Good grief, Chloe really is beautiful. And I was noticing at the party that she looks more and more like you as she gets older. And what the heck was Ewan doing in that cup? I think the big spill was just few moments after that.