Saturday, July 19, 2008

So much to do, so little time...

Man, getting ready for a trip is hard! Not only am I doing the normal cooking, cleaning, errands, shopping, etc, but I am frantically chipping away at a mile long to do list. I still have to download songs to Chloe's Ipod, get a mani-pedi, take Chandler and Hayden to get haircuts, more shopping, rent movies and games at Blockbuster.... and the list could go on and on. I am feeling myself getting a little paranoid, frantic, and overwhelmed. I guess I just underestimated the amount of time and planning necessary for 6 people to go on a road trip. I am usually pretty thorough and have been in this process, but I have to wonder if I worry too much? And, I am definitely an over packer, so this should be fun. I have also, encountered some drama along the way and we haven't even left yet. None of it even related to this trip, but enough to have left me rattled and upset. And, enough to have eaten up a solid day on the phone and email trying to fix it. Apparently I suck... I will not go into detail. Suffice it to say the people involved know what happened and that it was unnecessary. I was also unable to get in to see my dermatologist, because appointments aren't important? I went in and it was standing room only! They were a solid hour behind, so I left. I have armed myself with Barbie and Spongebob bandaids so I should be ok. And, did you know that if you have a sunroof you can't have a flip down TV/DVD? We took the van in to get one installed, and no can do. We could get one installed at the Honda dealership, but it costs $2,000! It requires a whole different type of sunroof and tv that are all one big unit. They can't do it at a regular electronics place. So, we are gonna have to get the kind that hangs on the back of the seats. Anyway, just wanted to post to keep everyone updated on stressed frazzled me! I am crossing my fingers that the rest of the planning and the actual trip go off without a hitch...

2 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I know the feeling...we have travelled WAY too much with our kids in their lifetime. I have finally gotten to the point where I don't overpack (But of course, I always wish I had that one outfit I DIDN'T pack!). Overpacking is a MUST...even thought the Walmarts in Utah are especially superb. Haha.

Ashley said...

I have to start packing first. Basically I can pretty much forget sleep for the next 10 days. ANd, in order to pack I need to wash clothes first!