Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I need someone's 2 cents worth

Ok, here's the deal. Hunter has a buddy named Will. They met this past school year. At first they were content to talk at school, at lunch, after school etc. Well, the latter part of the school year they started hanging out ALL THE TIME. On Wednesdays I would let Hunter go home with Will and hang out. That was fine until I found out sometimes they were left alone, which isn't that big of a deal. Except once, on a school night around 9:15 Hunter still wasn't home and he wouldn't answer his phone. I went over there and knocked on the door and Will's mom said Hunter was at another kid's house. Which I don't think is a good idea, it was agreed he would go to their house. She shouldn't have let him leave her house to go somewhere else. I do let Hunter spend the night with them, but never thought it was a big deal. What mom wouldn't let her high strung, hormonal, borderline A.D.D. son spend the night with a friend? There have also been issues with money. Will hasn't exactly made it a secret that he is "rich". Well, his siblings are grown and both his mom and stepdad work, not to mention regular child support payments... Hunter isn't stupid, he has heard Jon and I discuss medical bills and this past Christmas was kinda lean compared to other years. I heard him comment to Will once that we were poor. That threw me off, since Hunter does have a cell phone, a brand new X-box 360, expensive race bike, etc. I think he took the money thing too far. Or, I may have teased that we were broke and he took it too literal. One of my issues with Will and his mom is that she has given Hunter nice shirts; new and used and the icing on the cake was when she bought him a $150 skateboard. Well, lately it's been constant asking to spend the night, Hunter sneaking over there when I am not home, and he even calls them for a ride when he does want to go over or when he needs to come home. Saturday she called my phone and asked if he could stay over!!! And, today may have been the straw that broke the camel's back: I called Hunter home to try on some new shorts I bought for our trip, I noticed he got home quick. And, sure enough when I looked outside, the mom's car drove off. Well, not 5 minutes after he had been here his phone rang. And, this is what I heard Will say; "are you done? It's been 5 minutes, we drove around." Is all this weird or am I crazy?

P.S. and before anyone asks, yes Hunter likes girls. I am not thinking it's that! I am just curious as to what the fascination is on Hunter, Will, and the mom's part? Is it no other kids are there? A cute girl in the neighborhood? What?

3 comments:

Shannon said...

It is a bit much it seems, though I remember times when I would literlly spend the weekend at a friends house, but the Mom seems like she is not acting like a responsible Mom in all this. Every situation is different and you are the Mom so you should be able to limit this if you want too. I am also a freakoid about know where everyone is at all times, so i would be PISSED if I thought my kid was one place and turns out the parent had let them go somewhere else! But yeah, i think Will's mom seems to be crossing the line, and going over your head where she shouldn't be

Amazing Grace said...

yeah they need to spend some time apart.,.. he needs to hang out with some different friends.

the Queen said...

hello ashley. I hope you all are doing well. Chandler is a handsome kid. You have done a great job raising him. You are right, His bio dad is a fraud a big LIAR and a doushebag. You all have been so much better off without that idiot. Take it from me, someone else that he has screwed over!! What a looooser!