Wednesday, July 30, 2008

National Lampoon's Myersville Vacation

Well, as promised I am doing THE POST about our "vacation". I am waiting on some pics from my sister in law to be emailed to me and my card reader broke, so I can't download any. But, as soon as I get some pics I will post them. We had a pretty amazing time and just to be with family made my year. It has been anywhere from 11 to 13 years since I have seen my siblings and they have spouses and children I have never even met. We had plenty of highs, lows, and drama. So, here goes:

The Highs

1. Having lunch at Mcgrath's and going to The Living Planet Aquarium with my brother Ken. I couldn't believe he was sitting across from me for reals. And, I forgive him for spilling a large ice cold Dr Pepper on my leg.
2. Seeing my brother Jason and meeting his wife Cadette and their daughters Skylar, Makayla, and Riley. Sweet and beautiful family. We spent a ton of time with Jason and his girls. He has turned into a pretty amazing husband and father. Who woulda thunk it?
3. Driving through gorgeous Provo Canyon. We saw moose, streams, deer, and a giant fire up in the mountains. Absolutely breathtaking!
4. Seeing Jeremy and meeting his wife Denise and their kiddos, Christoper and Alexandra. Jeremy is so freaking hilarious, especially now that he dresses like a mountain man and has a full beard.
5. Just being in Utah during Pioneer Day. The spirit there was amazing. The museums were so neat. The films we saw were so touching. I am so blessed and proud to be a member of the LDS church.
6. Getting to spend all day Saturday with 4 of my brothers. We went to my sister in law's family cabin up in the mountains. The cabin was built in 1904 and was so neat. Nestled in the mountains among trees, complete with a stream. We ate and talked while the kids played games on the grass, tubed in the stream, and went swinging on the coolest (tallest) tree swing ever.
7. Getting to spend so much time with Jon and the kids.
8. Being able to absorb so much church history.
9. Not having to cook or clean for a week. Thank you family for feeding us and thank you to the cleaning staff at the Holiday Inn Express.
10. Making it there and back in one piece.

The Drama

1. Seeing my sister Julie. She is not in a good place in life at all. I will not elaborate, if you know me you know the situation. Pray for her....
2. The trailer. Dragging. Heavy. Nuisance. Expensive.
3. Our hotel toilet overflowing. Thanks Hunter.
4. Not seeing much of my brother Ken. Not getting to meet 6 of Julie's kids. Sadness.
5. My niece Mary cussing me out. No worries. I can cuss people out way better than her.
6. My brother Jason accidentally shooting a hole in his roof with a shotgun...
7. Not enough time to spend with family.
8. Chloe throwing the most GIANT tantrum ever. I thought the cops were gonna come. Or the very least we would be thrown out of our hotel.
9. All the farting. Seriously, who knew?
10. The driving almost killed us. So freaking long and far. Nothing to see but road. We drove in 10 to 12 hour stretches. Once we started hallucinating we knew it was time to rest.
11. Hayden getting stuck in the water on a pile of rocks in the stream. Scary. I have never heard him cry so hard.
12. Hunter falling from the tree swing. He looked like a rag doll. I was afraid to look at him after the fall. His legs look like raw meat. Scary stuff.
13. Getting back to normal. Missing my brothers and sister. Thinking we should move there. Am I freaking crazy?
14. Driving home with tears on my face and a lump in my throat. I don't think that feeling will ever go away.
So, there you have it. It was crazy and fun and memorable. I can't wait to do it again. I love my family so much. The past week was a blast! I am sure I will remember more. Like fry sauce and Chloe eating so much dessert on her birthday she almost barfed in the bushes. As soon as I think of more, I am so posting.

4 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Good stuff! There could possibly be MORE?! LOL
Gotta love the drama and gotta love the sibling dynamics!!!!

Erica said...

Wow. You're much more exciting on a Utah trip than anyone else in my family. You're invited next time I go!

Krista said...

Wow!!! There's always drama with family!! Glad you had a good time.

Kelli said...

I'm so jealous about the time spent with the brothers. I want to go to Utah, but I don't think I'm brave enough to drive. I'm not jealous about the Julie drama. Had enough of my own for a lifetime.