Thursday, July 10, 2008

Busy Bee

Hey All!!
I have been busy planning Chloe's birthday party. We are doing a 50's style sock hop. Nothing exciting is going on and I am sure no one wants to see a picture of me shopping. Although, I do have an interesting tidbit. I have been having a hard time finding 50's stuff, especially clothes. I had gone into a party store and stopped at Claire's. No one at either place had heard of sock hops or cat eye glasses. I must be older than I realize?? Anywho... Chloe's birthday is actually on July 24th. Which in the Mormon world, is a major holiday. Pioneer Day, the day the Mormons arrived in Salt Lake City. So, in Utah it's a state holiday. Chloe would like to move there, go figure?

Speaking of Utah... I can't wait to get there. 12 more days. I am just so happy to be able to see my family. I am hoping and praying everything goes off without a hitch. From the planning and the packing to the finances and the looooong drive. I am in desperate need of luggage, a portable auto DVD player, and any ideas to occupy the kids to make the drive as smooth and un-boring as possible. So far I found a way to get some luggage, here. (Nowadays, spending $35 bucks is a breeze. We spent that on ingredients for one dinner!) But, if ANYONE has anything I can borrow or any advice I would be eternally grateful. Cross your fingers that the party, the trip, the baby shower I have planned in August for Amy, and another trip to child support court don't drive me B*A*N*A*N*A*S!!

3 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Long trips are torture and you definitely need that portable DVD player! Mine is small-ish, but you are welcome to it! We dont have any long trips planned in the near future (thankgoodness). LMK and I'll find some way to get it to you! I owe you anyways :)!!!!

Kelli said...

I have no advice, because so far I've avoided going on a trip in the car longer than four hours with the boys. I don't look forward to it. Just try to think about seeing our brothers and the pretty mountains.

Ashley said...

Sarah- I would love to borrow it. If you are still willing. I have one, but the kids have to hold it in their laps. 4 kids and 1 tv is no fun. Plus, if you move wrong or hit a bump in the road, it restarts from the very beginning whatever you were watching. I will so come and get it from you. Me and my mom are going to the Temple and the bookstore next week. I can stop by.