Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hi, my name is Ashley...

and I have a problem. A clothes problem! I have washed, folded, hung up, put away, and packed clothes since 6:30 and I have no more space. I still have 4 more loads to wash and fold. Not to mention the largest pile of socks on earth. It's amazing how much your sock hamper can grow when you do laundry! I now have a hamper and a basket full of socks and I still have to match them all up. The closets are packed, no one's drawers will close and I am almost out of hangers. I have no idea how I am gonna fit school uniforms into our limited drawer and closet space. For years I have complained about not enough room for clothes, and I finally realized that we have plenty of room, we just have too many clothes. I have packed 8 outfits and 2 sets of p.j's for each person, so I thought for sure that we would have some empty drawers and closets. But no, it's worse. Now I know why I am always behind on laundry, no where to put it. When we get home from Utah, I am doing a major clothes purge. Did I mention that we had a garage sale in April and that I gave away 4 garbage bags of clothes just today? Wow, I am just in shock.
P.S. packing for 6 people is harder than I ever imagined. If we ever get to go on our dream Hawaiian or Disney World vacation, we are bringing bathing suits and nothing else.... and I am not even kidding!

1 comment:

Krista said...

We just got back from Utah this weekend and all I had to pack for was two kids and I had a hard time. So don't feel so bad!!! And you have a lot longer of a drive. Good luck. I hope it goes ok!!!