Saturday, July 19, 2008

Nipped in the Bud

A few days ago I posted about Hunter and his friend Will. Turns out, it kinda solved itself in a round-about way. The other night Jon gave Hunter permission to spend the night with Will, (I was out shopping). Anyway, I had just gone to bed at 3 (don't ask) and about 47 minutes later I am jolted out of bed by the doorbell! Scared me half to death! I was in that just getting unto a deep sleep state, that when you are woken up suddenly you are all jittery and shaky. Toss in some adrenaline, and I was a little freaked out. I nudged Jon to wake up, and got the kids off of the couch and into my room. I am not suite sure who I thought it was? But, in my opinion anyone ringing your doorbell at 3:47 can't be bringing a plate of brownies, only bad things. I quickly remembered the dogs ate the baseball bat I keep for protection and that somewhere in Jon's shop he has a stun-gun. So, the words oh and shit flashed through my mind. Turns out it was Hunter! Will's mom and stepdad got into a fight. And, apparently it was bad enough to bring my kid home. WTF? He said that they were sleeping and the mom came in and said that they had been fighting and Hunter needed to leave. No phone call, no details. I made a mental note to check the news the next day. It must have been pretty intense for them to make Hunter leave. So, needless to say Hunter won't be hanging out there anymore. I am gonna be on him like white on rice. (thanks, dad!)

2 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Dude, I would TOTALLY bring you brownies at 3am! But they wouldn't be the kind you could share with your kids! OR the ladies from church Ü.
Well, thank goodness it worked itself out, and that you didn't have to use that stun-gun on some unsuspecting stranger bringing you a nice plate of fresh brownies!

Kelli said...

I think that is so weird that she felt the need to bring him home at that time, even if they were fighting. Bizarre.