Monday, July 7, 2008

By the tag on my skinny skin skin

Ok, so I confess. I have a funky ole skin tag. Yuckola! One of those nasty little flesh colored mole thingies. They don't hurt, they are just UGLY! It is kinda under my arm. Even though I never wear sleeveless shirts, I have always been self conscious about it. If I wear a cap sleeve shirt or raise my arm a certain way you can see it. Well, as part of my improve what I can without losing 100 pounds effort, I decided I would remove this thing. That along with Crest whitestrips, fresh haircut and color, a pedicure, and a couple of new outfits were gonna be the extent of my overhaul. So I can look as cute as humanly possible when I go to Utah. Being a wimp I decided snipping it off was out of the question, although I know a few people who have successfully done this. I had a friend even tell me to twist it off. Ouch! I called a few dermatologists and they wanted $250 to remove it. No thank you. So, being an uninsured cheapskate, I opted for what I'll call an "herbal non FDA approved remedy." Something called Emune, which no longer even shows up when you Google it...scary. Jon had ordered it, and was able remove a few moles last summer. I guess it has a short shelf life? Not only did this thing not remove my skin tag, it basically ate a greenish yellow hole above and below the offensive skin. Gross! It hurts, it's uglier than ever, it's infected. I had to make an emergency appointment at a dermatologist today. I was treated by a lovely nurse practitioner who I believe was addicted to Botox. I think she smiled at me a few times. But, I'm not sure. Her face never moved. For sure she had lip injections. Trout pout I believe it's called. Anyway, she gave me antibiotics and a super turbo ointment to kill the infection. I am going back in two weeks to have it removed, if my arm hasn't fallen off by then. And, grand total counting both appointments and a mole check: $210. So, if I would have called in the beginning I could have had it removed for $165. Lesson learned.

I am including a photo. It is soooo gross. Don't look if you are easily grossed out. Not the greatest pic, but aiming a camera at your armpit is hard!

No comments: