Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ashley's tortilla soup

2 boxes Rice-a-Roni spanish rice
2 packages pre-cooked chicken fajita meat
2 cans black beans
2 cans mexicorn
1 can rotel tomatoes
2 large cans chicken broth and 1 small can chicken broth
avocado slices
shredded cheese
tortilla chips

Prepare rice according to directions on box (I use the microwave directions), while this is cooking, pour 1 can of broth and chicken into large pot, heat to a low boil over medium heat. Pour in remainder of broth, corn, beans, and rotel tomatoes. Keep heat on medium. When rice is done cooking, slowly add to other ingredients in pot. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Soups done! Serve hot and top with crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and sliced avocado. May also be topped off with other items of your choice (salsa, sour cream, etc.) Enjoy!
*This will last several nights, especially if you are the only one eating it*

4 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I will have to try that, James will like it...he is a Mexi-food freak...taco's at least ONCE a week, it would be twice if I let him!

Ashley said...

It is really yummy! I get tons of compliments on it. I am afraid it doesn't sound as good written out as it does in your bowl. Of course the chips, cheese, and avocado along with a cold soda helps! Honestly it really is good!

Shannon said...

MMM...this sounds SO good! Keith loves soup and is always asking me to make it! Yay for a new recipe to try out!

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

yum! I was actually wondering JUST yesterday, where in all of utah i could get a decent tortilla soup?! I miss On the Border :( I'll try it. thanks ash!