Thursday, October 11, 2007

It's the little things: a HAPPY list...

It doesn't take much to make this girl happy. It also doesn't take much to give this non-writer a bad case of writer's block. So I am doing a list of things that make me happy, bring a smile to my face, and a spring in my step...
1. A moonlight swim
2. Free samples (especially beauty products)
3. Receiving a check in the mail you weren't expecting
4. When Jon calls at 5:00 and tells me it's a Saltgrass night
5. Pedicures
6. No homework days
7. Just enough dirty dishes to run a load
8. Ladies night (1 Thursday a month)
9. Hot buttered popcorn, m&m's, and an icy cold coke
10. A shiny new magazine preferably InStyle or People
11. When the kids give me a "flower" plucked from our weed patch
12. When a perfect stranger tells me I have beautiful AND well-behaved children
13. Beating Jon at a game, any game
14. When my hair, clothes, and makeup are in sync and perfect
15. A warm bubble bath with candles and #10
16. Sleeping in with nowhere to go
17. Fresh clean sheets
18. Buy one get one free sales
19. Date night (1 Saturday every 3 to 6 months)
20. The way my family's eyes light up when I come home, show up at school, or just because

3 comments:

Kelli said...

You get checks in the mail. Hmm? What's that like?I haven't experienced #14 in about five years. Good list!

Anonymous said...

One of the things on my list is having money to shop with. I envy anyone who can sit down and take a bubblebath. When you become old like me, you cant take tub baths anymore because you cant get in and out of the tub easily. That sounds like heaven to me.

James said...

sign me up for #1,3,9,13,15-18 :-)