Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Hunter, you're my hero!


Hunter is smack dab in the middle of the worst case of prepubescent angst that I have ever seen. I am sure it is annoying, thrilling, and confusing for him all at the same time. He was Mr. Suave when school first started and now that he has a "steady" his fan club has cooled a little. He now considers me and Jon dorks and we are not allowed to come to his school for any reason. He is a little more receptive to Jon than me, even about the school appearances which kinda hurt my feelings. But what can you do? He seems to get upset at the drop of a dime and is very lippy. Which you are never ready for. He has way more attitude than Chandler did at this age unless I have forgotten? And, he has moments where he still gets weepy and wants to cry but stops himself pretty quick because he's too old and too cool to cry I guess. He never wants to be home because we're boring. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that at his friend's house they have 4- wheelers and a really nice video game collection. Plus, they never ask him to put away his dishes or laundry, to do his homework, get off the computer, or go to bed. I sometimes feel that if I changed my name to Christian or Justin or asked him to go fishing he might start to like me again. I doubt it though. It will probably be about 7 or 8 years and by then Chloe and Hayden will be going through it. Either way I love him to pieces. He's such a sweet little boy and I think he's pretty cool even if I'm not. Hunter, I love you buddy. Forever.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Hunter, you little stud. I hope I'm still cool. Ashley is a dork, huh?
TOTALLY KIDDING, ASHLEY!1!

Ashley said...

Yes, but I wear it well.