Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Dear Appendix,

We parted ways one year ago today. (*sniffle*) I don't know what went wrong. We got along perfectly. They said that you were infected, you needed to come out, that I didn't need you anyway. What happened to you? I was sitting down after a long, busy day going through pictures to put in an album. Then all of a sudden I experienced the worst stomach pains of my entire life. Next thing you know I am sitting in the ER with my friend Erin and a trick or treat bucket to barf in. 8 hours later I am being wheeled into surgery. Crossing my fingers that I wouldn't die and that the surgeon would throw in liposuction, a breast lift, and a tummy tuck because she was feeling generous or forgot what she was doing. No such luck. Instead I was left with 3 scars and a $20,000 hospital bill. I still get stomach aches all the time, about 3 or 4 bad ones each week. I think they were wrong, I did need you. I'm sorry.
Love always,
Ashley

4 comments:

Kelli said...

HOLY COW! That was a year ago? I can't believe it...

Simply Sarah *K* said...

you're so funny! I think the funniest part of that little love-song was that you barfed in a trick or treat bucket! Never will they seem the same! :)

Ashley said...

Yep, one whole year ago. I swore I would be skinny by now.... because my stomach hurt so bad I never thought I could eat again. Of course I said that when we were sick last week too, and you saw me with the queso and snacks on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

My mother always said that God intended each part for a reason, and that if it came out we would suffer some sort of residual problem.