Monday, October 29, 2007

Not so fast...

As many of you know, Hayden is the pickiest eater on the planet, no joke. I have been thinking of buying a new cookbook that just came out. It has recipes in it that have healthy stuff snuck in without your children knowing what they are eating. Like cauliflower smushed into the mashed potatoes or spinach baked into brownies. Well, yesterday I decided to try and trick Hayden. I added a 1/3 of a cup of cheese to his scrambled eggs. And I swear to you he could tell! He refused to eat it, he dipped his fork in it and licked it. That was enough for him. He said they were sweet and smelled funny. I was floored, how could he tell? He never figured out what was in his eggs, he just knew they were different somehow. I am still gonna buy the cookbook though. I am constantly worried about his health. He only eats like 15 foods now, surely he'll get bored eventually. If he would eat PB&J or mac-n-cheese I would probably do a back-flip, naked!!

2 comments:

James said...

haha - smart kid! Keep trying though Ashley, it just might work one of these days.

Borton Family said...

Let me know if you lie the book. I to want to buy it for my picky eater. Also let me know where you find it.