Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Blah, Blah, Blog!

Ok, let me be perfectly honest, blogging sucks! I was really needing a hobby when all the kids went off to school that wasn't shopping or cleaning and I chose blogging. I also had several other little projects I wanted to do as well. Of course I have done none of them, because this blog has totally consumed me. I am not a writer at all and have days where I struggle to come up with interesting content. My first problem is that I have a counter on here and can tell how many people look at it. My second problem is that I count on people to comment way too much. I am really mad at myself for letting a BLOG make me feel the way I have lately. If I didn't get enough traffic or comments to suit me it would ruin my entire day. I have driven my poor husband crazy. I have had days where I have checked it waaayy more often than I should and that is about to stop. There is so much more to life than this and I am about to change my ways. I will still be blogging, hopefully daily, but I will not be checking it at all during the day. I love sharing my family with ya'll! I am going to try and do my new posts in the mornings unless something amazing or funny happens then I will post when I feel the need arises. I am also going to be changing some of the photos and go back to my original layout as I am getting tired of the Halloween colors. I hope to keep the blog for as long as time will allow, but need to put it on the back burner. My family, my self esteem, and my marriage will be better off. I truly hope that everyone has enjoyed reading it, Lord knows I have sent the link to enough people. Sadly some of the people I want to see it NEVER even log on. If you read something you relate to or think is funny, feel free to leave a comment if not it really isn't a big deal. Thank you to Kelli, Sarah, Shannon, and Vanessa for reading it and commenting, it makes all the hard work worth it. I have enjoyed reading about you and your children and all of the many adventures being a mom brings to each day. Keep reading, I'll keep writing. I just have more pressing things in my life than being online all the damn time!

8 comments:

Borton Family said...

Deal, I will do the same. I also feel like I am on here way to much, and I dont really have the time. You should see my house right now.

Anonymous said...

I comment sometimes. I'm just sooo lazy!

Love, Amy

Simply Sarah *K* said...

It is VERY true! I am constantly checking blogs. I do work on the computer all night, so my boredom sents me blog-hopping :). Please don't leave us for too long, I truly enjoy reading!

Anonymous said...

I like the Halloween colors! Booooo! Happy Halloweenee!

Ashley said...

I will blog almost every day unless I have "writer's block", I just can't keep checking it every 15 minutes. I could have cured cancer by now, I have a ton of free time on my hands and all I think about is blogs!

Kelli said...

Boo!

Shannon said...

Awww, we love your blog and your fun stories! I used to check all the time too, and I finally stopped getting e-mails notifying me of comments cause I would get too sad to see no new emails! If you look in my archives I even had a little tantrum where I threatened my family to start commenting!! It is fun, though, and a good way to keep us all informed of what is going on in your life at one time! Keep the good stuff coming, we love to read it... :)

James said...

I felt the same way about our Monica Seles Site and Forum for YEARS, before we closed the forum at the beginning of this year - it totally consumed me in the ways that you speak of. I will try and comment more often - LOL - love you all.