Saturday, October 20, 2007

Witch's Brew

For tonight was the 1st annual Myers Family Halloween Bash.... and it was fun, crazy, chaotic, loud, and sugar infused. The only issue was I should have had a specific time frame and schedule for each "event". But, other than that it was about what I was expected. Crazy enough to promise myself I won't do it ever again, but fun enough to forget and plan one again next year. Of course being at my house I was too busy to take pics, I guess I need to hire a professional. Only kidding. But it does frustrate me when I don't get any photos. Oh well, no biggie. Hopefully someone will e-mail me some. I did get some waaayyy late in the party.
On another note...
We ate, decorated and devoured cookies, bobbed for apples, decorated pumpkins, and played a few games. Mainly ping pong because I forgot to open Halloween twister and pin-the-nose on the pumpkin. Those were opened later while the neighborhood kids were still here and everyone else had gone. The last few kids then ate some more, jumped on the trampoline, and made "witch's brew". Which consisted of dirt, a dead frog, smushed apples, water, a wild mushroom, and the spit of 13 children. The last of us sat outside and hung out until 10:30 while the guys went to a local restaurant to eat and hang out. I am finally able to clean the house and bathe and it's 11:30. Plus, I have not one but two kids sleeping over tonight. No one shows a solitary sign of slowing down. Can you say sugar high? Thanks to everyone who came. I hope ya'll had a good time. And to the kid who defaced my poor talking skeleton, it's war!! Goodnight!




8 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

We had so much fun! Thx for all the hard work!

Shannon said...

We too had a ton of fun! Natalie was SO sad that we had to leave, she keeps talking about going back! I think she wanted to run around in your yard some more, and I know she liked you b/c she actually smiled at you! The only way I got her to calm down when we had to leave was she opened up her goodie bag! She was thrilled. Great party over all! Thanks again!

Ashley said...

You are soo welcome. I hope I wasn't rude, it got pretty chaotic and I wasn't able to speak to everyone. Thanks alot for coming it's a looong drive. Ya'll are welcome to come hang out any time. By the way, are ya'll working tonight or just night owls?

Shannon said...

LOL, we are working, what is your excuse for being up so late? hehehe... And you weren't rude at all! It is HARD to host a party with SO many people! You did great!

Kelli said...

I'll send some pictures, but I'm not sure how interested you'll be in ones of me and my friends. It was fun, you did a really good job. See you next year!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Thats the only time you see your sister, Kelli?? Shame shame!!! LOL

Kelli said...

I know, I thought that sounded funny. No, we see each other lots.

Ashley said...

Actually I barely recognized Kelli. J/K. And I would love to see/have any photos. I keep them in my Picasa album. That way I can see who came, the decor and activities, etc.