Monday, March 17, 2008

Enough Mexican food for an army...

I have been doing so much Spring cleaning and organizing that I literally haven't shopped or cooked a meal in two days. Chandler has been more annoyed by this than anyone. So, after we left my neighbor's house today I headed to the store and got some groceries, including the ingredients for homemade enchiladas. Chan's favorite. I rarely make them because they take f-o-r-e-v-e-r to make. But, I stepped up to the challenge and started cooking at 4:30, figuring it would be ready for Jon's 6:30 arrival. He was gonna pick up Hunter and Chan from their friend's houses, and then they would all head home for dinner, or so I thought. Chan had walked to Subway with his friend, Hunter had already eaten, and Jon had to make a trip to Rockwall. So, I made a huge dinner for me and Chloe. Hayden ate leftover spaghetti. Wow! It was yummy though. And, in true blogger fashion I photographed my efforts! The final picture is of course my favorite. I made chicken enchiladas with sour cream sauce, beef enchiladas with chili and extra cheese, and cheese enchiladas with red sauce. I even made guacamole, beans, and rice. Needless to say I have a TON of leftovers!


7 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh my garsh! Those look so good, and since I only have one enchilada recipe (the white kind) you need to post yours! Yummers!

Ashley said...

Thank you, they taste really good, (patting self on back.)

I seriously don't really follow a recipe. I used to make them like my mom, but now I just cook the meat, and start rolling away. My family likes beef, with wolf chili on top with no beans and lots of cheese. I like the chicken and cheese ones. But I can't make the cheese kind with onions, my family hates onion. Like I said though, I have a ton of leftovers. Too bad it's raining. I'll have to invent a reason to have another girl party and make them, hey Cinco de Mayo is coming up...

Anonymous said...

Those look really good. I just licked my screen...and got a mouthful of dust.

Ashley said...

did the dust at least taste like cheese????

Anonymous said...

no, it tasted like dust...if dust tasted like cheese, we wouldn't have to worry about dusting the furniture. Bella and Aubree would take care of that!

Ashley said...

that's true. I guess then you could roll styrofoam packing peanuts in dust and call them cheese puffs????

Kelli said...

Those do look good. Better than the ones I made. I hate cooking. Dang, if dust tasted like cheese, I'd be skinnier.