Monday, March 31, 2008

It's Coming...

Summer that is! I absolutely cannot wait for the warm weather to arrive! We have been anxiously checking the pool temperature each day to see if it's ready. Right now it's at 69, and we know what that means... 15 more degrees and I'll get in! I actually got in last year when it was 64, but I am not that brave this year. Anyway, you know I've got to do a list. It's been like a whole week since the last one. I've got people who read this everyday and want a fresh post. So, here are my favorite things about Summer:

1. Fresh Summer fruit with dinner each night. Watermelon, pineapple, honey dew, and strawberries, yum!
2. Swimming
3. The smell of coconut scented sunscreen
4. Sleeping in
5. Popsicles, freezer pops, and ice cream
6. Pedicures and flip-flops
7. Sundresses and sandals
8. Cooking out and eating on the patio
9. Moonlit swimming with the kids
10. Air-conditioning (world's greatest invention!)
11. No homework!!!
12. Not having to look for matching socks
13. Hot dogs
14. Freshly mowed grass
15. Taking the kids to Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor
16. Evening bike rides with the family
17. 4th of July (we throw a kickin' party EVERY year with awesome fireworks)
18. Extra hands to help with housework
19. Bikinis, spray tan, and Sun In... (kidding!) and last but not least
20. Getting to spend so much time with my babies

3 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

We better have an invite to that 4th party! LOL.
I love summer, too...it's gonna be fun!

Shannon said...

Yay for summer! I can't wait, this year should be good, each summer gets better as the kids get older b/c you can DO more!

Ashley said...

Yes EVERYONE is invited. We are allowed to do fireworks because we are in the country. It really is fun.