Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sleep-overs

I don't get it. What is so flippin' fascinating about spending the night at someone's house? Or worse yet, having kids sleep over at your house? It seems like the moment school lets out on Fridays that I am driving someone to a friend's house to spend the night or they are begging to see if someone can stay here. Chan has a friend whom he spends the night with EVERY Friday! And, he can eat alot. I feel like I need to pay his rent or something.... I can't imagine wanting to sleep on someone's floor or in a sleeping bag. Strange sounds, smells, etc. This week has been crazy. My big boys spent the night out 4 times!!! We had someone here 3 nights. It is just plain nuts! I hope I am not the only one who enjoys the occassional break from her children, but dreads when other kids come over....! I will gladly send my kids off to a friend's house but don't want to reciprocate. I feel bad, but we have enough of our own drama without adding more kids. I'll babysit and have company over, but don't ask to sleep over! I guess I'm mean, but oh well. Some of the kids that come over are so destructive and loud, I wanna smack them. Am I alone here?

3 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

well, i totally hate when bella has sleepovers, personally...lol. JK. But I dont really look forward to that phase...but I guess its something that can't be avoided. I would almost rather them be here, then her out at some friends house doing who knows what! LOL...I guess I could have some trust, but my parents trusted me, and I know I was out doing some crazy stuff!

Kelli said...

Ugh, I can't even think about that phase right now. But I can definitely see your point.

Krista said...

I'm definitely not looking forward to that. Hopefully it's no time soonÜ