Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's official: I am a klutz!

Please learn from my mistakes. Case in point:

#1 Don't try and step over a baby gate with a large basket full of clothes. You will trip over it and spill clothes all over the floor. It is amazing how far clothes can fly when you trip over a safety gate carrying a basket of them.

#2 A can of chocolate brown paint will "accidentally" spill if left opened. I now have two rooms in which the carpet is ruined. It is definitely safe to say that I will be giving a generous flooring allowance to the next owners of this home.

#3 Don't try to step over a baby gate if you are in a hurry. You will scrape your calf on the top of it. Then, you will fall flat on your hardwood floors. Then, your sunglasses, keys, and bottled water will fly out of your hands. They slide pretty far on hardwood floors. You however, don't slide. You land in a thud, flat on your belly. Bruising will show up anywhere from 10 minutes to 4 hours. If you landed like me, you will have a bruise on each knee and elbow and a large scraped up lump on your calf. You will be sore the next day.

6 comments:

Krista said...

Oh my goodness!! Ouch!!

Borton Family said...

how right you are. u would think I would learn my lesson but nope.

Kelli said...

Ouch. I hate baby gates for that reason.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

yes, I must agree...baby gates suck! I hope you are recuperating!

Ashley said...

Yeah I am fine, just a little humiliated. I think the dog may have been laughing at me... Besides, I do have alot of padding!

Borton Family said...

Padding or not those stupid gates hurt.