Saturday, March 22, 2008

They had to scrape me off of the floor...

Today after my nephew Ewan's birthday party the kids (Chloe and Hayden) and I headed to Brookshires. We went in for chip and dip, strawberry shortcake stuff, and of course EGGS! They have the older carts where the basket flips up for storage and the end opens up so they can scan your stuff, remember those? Anyway.... Chloe and Hayden sat at the bottom with their arms around each other (not for affection, just so they didn't fall off and get tile burn) and rode around the store, happy as clams. You would have thought they were 2 and 6 again. Every aisle we went on people smiled and waved at them. And then, this man said to me: "ma'am, your kids are very well behaved." I turned around to see who he was talking to. It was me, and then I almost passed out. Then I promptly told him aliens had eaten their brains because they never acted that way. I am considering stealing a cart from Brookshires, to see if it has magic powers or something. Ok, not really but I did consider it, until all these spiritual images floated through my brain and I just said nah... not today.

2 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

mmm...send me some of that magical store power!

Kelli said...

I don't know those carts you are talking about, or maybe I'm just forgetting. Too bad you didn't have a camera, would have made a cute picture.