Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ashley's crazy evening

All day today I have had that "blah" feeling. You know the feeling where you are nauseous, tired, shaky, headachy... Just plain blah and you don't quite know why. Well, I have a major phobia of vomiting and steered clear of food most of the day since I wasn't sure what was going on. I went about my day as normal but by 1:30 was pretty hungry, so I ate lunch (chicken). I got the kiddos home from school and began to get ready for tonight's BMX race to be held in Desoto. We were not down the street from our house when I started to feel the inevitable blow chunks, toss your cookies, pull over now feeling. I managed to stay calm and was able to make it all the way to Grand Prairie, which is a good 30 minutes from my house. At approximately Great Southwest Parkway I started to get super panicky and was sure I was gonna die. I immediately called my parents and arranged for them to pick me up not far from their house so that Jon and the boys could head to the race track. My mommy picked me and Chloe (and her icedream with chocolate syrup) up at Chick Fil A. We made it to their house with my stomach contents in place and Chloe's ice dream down her leg and on my parent's floor mats. So, instead of going to the races, Chloe and I hung at the parent's casa for 4 hours while the guys raced. It was just so weird and out of character. I love my parents dearly, but rarely go hang out without my hubby and kids. We watched TV, made grilled cheese sandwiches, talked, and the ultimate highlight: a search and rescue operation for 1 calico kitty named Patches. She was nowhere to be found and we were starting to get worried. We eventually found her burrowed inside a box spring in the spare bedroom. While we did have a good time, I wish it had been under better circumstances. I still feel HORRIBLE and am not sure what is wrong with me??? Some weird virus or something. More than anything I am very weak and tired. Very odd... I was able to eat some honey toast and a few sips of Sprite, but you can guarantee that I will be sleeping with a bucket for the next 3 weeks. Totally normal for someone with emetophobia.

7 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

oh! I hope you feel better!! Vomiting is THE WORST! I hate it with a passion...hope this all passes!

Anonymous said...

Amy has had the urge to throw up a lot lately too, Hmmmmm. I wonder if you have what she has....?

Krista said...

That sucks!! Throwing up is aweful. I hope you feel better;)

Ashley said...

ABSOLUTELY NOT! As far as I remember only ONE thing causes that, and that ONE thing ain't happening at our house.

Thanks girls! I hope I feel better too, but first it's gonna be a long night... I am afraid to sleep. I seriously have such a fear of barfing that I am afraid that if I go to sleep I'll wake up and bleh.

Shannon said...

You are preggers!...but if not, I still hope you feel better soon! :)

Ashley said...

Um no... Unless you can get preggers drinking Coke, I AIN'T preg-o!

Erica said...

When you find out what it is, pass the word along. I have this crap, too.