Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Gossip Girl

Well, I guess I have learned a hard lesson. It's funny, I have complained recently about getting old, but it's not so bad. It seems as if I have had so many lightbulb moments lately, almost as soon as I turned 34. Things I probably needed to know a long time ago, but that are just now showing themselves or I am just now getting it. Freaky... Some of it may be common knowledge to other people, but I can be ditzy. Case in point:
Gossip sucks. It pretty much hurts everyone involved. The one talking, the one listening, and the one being gossiped about. I am a big talker and I do partake in gossip. But, I am gonna try really hard to not do it anymore. I am not perfect and I will slip up. Rome wasn't built in a day. But, I have been on both ends of the gossip spectrum this past week and it has been no fun. From here on out I am gonna add no more gossiping to my never ending improve Ashley to-do list. And words to take to heart: if a friend or aquaintance talks about other people to you, they are also talking about you to other people...

No comments: