Saturday, September 27, 2008

More talk, less body

Seeing as it's been a week since my last diet post, I thought I'd provide a little update. The good news is: I am thisclose to being in the double digits in weight loss. The bad new is: it took a nasty case of food poisoning to get me there. Yuck huh? Basically I have been eating anywhere from 1200 to 1800 calories per day, depending on my hunger and activity level. I know how many calories EVERY food I eat has, even tic tacs. If not, I don't eat it. I have eaten bread twice this week, once was toast, after "the incident"- which I will touch on later. I haven't had a regular Coke in 11 days. Seriously! I like Diet Coke now, believe it or not. As for my eating, I am pretty much eating only chicken, fish, fruits, and veggies. A couple of times I have had a Happy Meal with a cheeseburger, apples, and a Diet Coke. I was craving red meat, so sue me. Although, if the cheeseburger at Mickey D's actually contains red meat is debatable. So far, I haven't missed any one food too much. I have allowed myself to have stuff I love (queso and chocolate), but only in moderation. If I know I am gonna eat out, I eat very light that whole day. I know how many calories I can have, so I try really hard to stay under that number. I have checked every restaurant we frequent, and now know what is best to eat.

Which brings me to "the incident." Jon and I try and do a lunch date once a week, and Friday was no exception. I had been craving grilled salmon, and at Saltgrass it's AMAZING! So, we went there for our lunch date. Let's just say, I won't be craving grilled salmon for a very long time. So, there you have it. The end of week two. Cross your fingers and pray that I can keep it up. I feel so determined. Not to mention giddy. I am 1 pound away from a number I haven't seen in several years.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Woo Hoo for weight loss! That is so great that you are sticking with it and seeing results! To me that is my biggest challenge...sticking with it! Here's to feeling Sparkly! LOL

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Congrats! Too bad for the food poisoning...but I guess thats just as bad as doing a cleanse to jump start weight loss! LOL. I wish I could stick with something...Im gonna have to follow your footsteps and watch my calories better!

Krista said...

Congrats!!!
Yuck on the food poisoning:(

Ashley said...

Thanks! Krista, I tried Coke zero, much better than Diet Coke.

Anonymous said...

Go Ashley!! So awesome!

Michelle