Sunday, September 14, 2008

Help Wanted

One slightly desperate individual needed to assist with laundry duties in my home. On a light day, there are 3 loads to wash, dry, and fold. Light ironing of school uniforms a must. There will be days when there are 10 loads or more. Usually after I have been excessively lazy instead of performing my household duties for an extended period. This normally only happens once a week, sometimes twice if there has been good TV on. On occasion there will be ants "hanging out" in the clothes, don't be frightened, it only takes one sting for you to get the hint. Sometimes, you might come across clothes that are still folded, I like to think they are keeping the dirty clothes company. You will come across lots of socks, bathing suits, and towels, that do not belong to my family. This is somewhat normal, plus as I always say, "finders keepers". Squeamish individuals need not apply, as "skid marks" are a regular occurrence as are crusty socks that resemble donuts. And, speaking of socks, we own 1,342 pairs of them. So, a pillow for your butt is required, since it takes approximately 3 hours to fold all of them. You're butt will thank you. Pay is once a month, in the form of cookies and Coca Cola.

2 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

You crack me up!
And, um...I WOULD apply for this job, since you know I love my cookies and Coke...BUT...yeah, I have enough laundry to keep me occupied since my daughters think its cool to wear at least 3 outfits a day!

Kelli said...

Wanted: someone to come cook meals for my kids and retrieve fast food for me. Maybe we can work out a deal...