Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Took long enough....

Hayden has had a loose tooth for about a month, and it has literally been hanging there for a week. We have twisted, pulled, even tied a string around it and nothing worked. I have picked up literally hundreds of bloody, wet kleenexes and paper towels for days, and still nothing. I thought for sure today that when I picked him up it would have fallen out at school, but no. Today before dinner, I guess it was finally ready because he got it out. It must have been past it's prime because it was turning gray and it didn't even bleed. I had told him that if it didn't fall out by Thursday, that we were headed to the dentist. That must have frightened him and his tooth, because not 2 hours later it came out. And, we now know what the big holdup was, it had the longest, sharpest "root thingey" that I have ever seen, much like a shark tooth or something?




3 comments:

Shannon said...

I love the wonky toothed grins of middle childhood.

Kelli said...

YAY, Hayden! And smack that kitty for me.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

He's such a doll, isn't he!! Even toothless ;).